Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curlee's in HPP
The guy's name is Richard Silva, think the sign in front says something like Silva's Safety Station. He is mauka on 28th between Kaloli and Paradise. You can usually catch him there in the late afternoon, otherwise call for an appointment. Sorry I don't have his number handy but he's listed in the phone book.

quote:
Originally posted by mac nut

Where on 28th st is that inspection station? I am on 15th and have been going all the way to mt view.

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
i used curlees once. They seemed honest. Fixed only what I needed fixed.
I've been using Midas in downtown hilo. Have good experiences with them. Anyone else use Midas?
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
I went to Curlee's once for an estimate in 2003 to R&R a transmission on a Toyota. Second opinion was Randy's transmission in HPP.

Randy's transmission did an excellent job. He is on Makuu side - havent been there in 8 yrs but I heard he is still there.

In this specific case, Randy's estimated price was much lower as he knew that one part only possibly needed replacement. Transmissions were his only business though so maybe just more familiar with this specific model and what typically needed replacement.

This is not a slight on Curlee's at all - they may have opened it up and found same thing. Randy gave us this as a possibility to begin with, and that made us feel more comfortable with Randy's, otherwise they probably would have been the same.
Thanks for the inspection station info Lin. I stopped in at curlees once and they dont do safety inspections.

Mac nut
quote:
Originally posted by mac nut

Thanks for the inspection station info Lin. I stopped in at curlees once and they dont do safety inspections.

Mac nut

There is another inspection station on 29th between Macuu and Paradise on the mauca side. Great guy to deal with where I take my vehicles.

ALOHA http://myhawaiipardise.blogspot.com/
Curlees is up the road from me. It seems he's gotton pretty good feedback here...except for one individual who said Curlee tried to pull the wool over him on a job. Charge for something some other machanic did. Well it only takes one bad story and I'm down the road!

I have a 2005 Honda Element that I bought in Honolulu. It was perfect for me to throw five, ten and even fifteen surfboards in it. But here only the Big Island my Honda Element has become my "beast of burden". It almost has 100,000 miles on it. I use to play the Honda car service game,...but that got old quick. In the past year I even stopped using Big Island Honda to do any my work.
So recently my Element has needed major work. But tired of being reeemd $$$ wise from Big Island Honda. I seeked out other workers on Honda. Through my neighbor I discovered , 'Jay's Auto Repair LLC in Shipman's . Hands down this kid is better than the mechanics at BI Honda!! Plus he is very fair with his prices. He did repairs on my Element and showed me previous jobs that BI Honda did. Stuff I think was fraudulent in nature, on Big Island Honda's part.

Anyways, as long I own a car,...'Jay's Auto Repair' will be the only place that ever looks under my hood again!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
How about Paul's in Pahoa?