Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House in HPP
John, they're here.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

It really is strange how folks on the other side think of the East side. A woman at my office has a daughter in Kona and when she told her she might retire in Hilo, she told her it's not safe, this for a woman coming from San Francisco. I guess it is good overall. My last trip there a few weeks ago, the little bit I passed through Kona just made me feel like it was middle america on an island and not somewhere I could ever live. I think you will find a lot more aloha, true Hawaii, and uniqueness in Puna than Kona.

quote:
It really is strange how folks on the other side think of the East side. A woman at my office has a daughter in Kona and when she told her she might retire in Hilo, she told her it's not safe, this for a woman coming from San Francisco. I guess it is good overall. My last trip there a few weeks ago, the little bit I passed through Kona just made me feel like it was middle america on an island and not somewhere I could ever live. I think you will find a lot more aloha, true Hawaii, and uniqueness in Puna than Kona.

Having lived in Kona for 16 years and spending lots of time in Puna too, I certainly agree with you.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Thanks alot....I almost spit diet-coke out my nose when I read this from laughing. Give me a break. There are always people who are gonna be scared of anything and anyone. People who wont go here or wont do this or that because it's "scary down there". They say stuff like "there were these two guys walking down the road today...they looked sooo scary" why did they look so scary ? "well they were walking and?" dumb stuff like that. I'll drive down any road that I wont get stuck on in Puna. Dont live your life like a coward.
Don't live life like a coward. Drive down the roads where you WILL get stuck.

Aloha
Richwhiteboy

"I bought a perfect second car ... a tow truck."- Rodney Dangerfield
“Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good.”
- Henry Rollins

HPP is great. Buy a house on the point if you can.

Aloha radioguy,
What you mean by " on the point"?
I have already purchased house on 5th street. My inspector said it's a great neighborhood.
Thanks to all for very informative replies.
BI Vet

BI Vet, Kaloli Point is "the point" that some speak of. 5th mauka (mountain side) is very popular, as that is the usually stated defining line between must have septic & can have cesspool... There are quite a few ather threads on that issue, so won't go any further.
We have seen a lot of lots on fifth that have drop dead gorgeous views of the mountain & the coast, and that area has less of the ever breaking branch albizia trees, and lots can have more of the hala and ohia of the past.
Aloha, Carey

just on an FYI basis the Puna Development Plan - Land Use proposals for the district include banning cesspools on all properties in the future.

There are topics on Punaweb which discuss this subject more thoroughly - the short version is that cesspools are a bad investment in the environmental quality of the district and should be done away with. Septic systems are not expensive. Cesspools are merely large holes in very pourous ground.

As I say - FYI
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator