Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hotels in oahu with kamaaina rates
I've had good luck at the Royal Grove in Waikiki. It's small, clean, family run, and reasonable - $60/night for two beds, kitchenette, balcony over the courtyard last time I was there. Small restaurant and health food store on the ground floor. Only drawback is that only parking is at adjacent lot, if that matters to you.

http://www.royalgrovehotel.com/home.html

You can tell yourself anything is too difficult, or you can just do it. And you do not need to reconstruct your worldview or take issue with others. ~ SUSAN GREGORY THOMAS
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Check Eva holtel at Waikiki
@kathyh: we were in the annex. 1 bedspread was stained; coffee pot missing; remote for tv missing; caulking peeling and mildewed around sink (we had a kitchenette) and bathroom areas and blowdryer looked as it had not been for some time. the only thing really going for this hotel is the location.

i'd stay at the ala moana hotel again.

eta: very stained carpet.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by Lin W

I've had good luck at the Royal Grove in Waikiki. It's small, clean, family run, and reasonable - $60/night for two beds, kitchenette, balcony over the courtyard last time I was there. Small restaurant and health food store on the ground floor. Only drawback is that only parking is at adjacent lot, if that matters to you.
http://www.royalgrovehotel.com/home.html

Ten years ago we stayed several times at the Royal Grove when we were commuting back and forth to Honolulu.
At that time, found it readily recommendable. We were using The Bus (which is the best way to get anywhere in Honolulu, anyway), so parking was not an issue.
kani, thanks for replying ... that sounds gross.
My son has stayed on the 6th floor recently (not the annex). He is not as picky as I am by light years, but he said thought I might be OK with it.

I am glad that jrw started this topic, always good to hear about clean and affordable in Waikiki.

For my own trips, I have either stayed at Ala Moana or bid Priceline.

The first time I bid Priceline I was a rookie, and I got Ohana East, which I did not like.
The last two times I bid I got the Waikiki Marriott and the Hyatt.

I got the Marriott for $106 and the Hyatt for $125.
While I don't consider $125 to be cheap, sometimes I like to pay a little more and combine a vacation like experience with business. Hyatt's location is great.

The Royal Grove definitely has a following and plenty of repeat guests.

There is a hotel parking lot just behind the Marriott that is very affordable and allows guests of other hotels to park there. The name escapes me at the moment.
The website discounthotelshawaii.com is useful, as they list discount rates for hotels on Oahu (mostly Waikiki, but also others). Their website is incredibly annoying, but you can usually find at least one passable hotel that's around $60/night. You have to call them to find out which one is actually available though; sometimes they're decent hotels, sometimes not. The Maile Sky Court is pretty good.
Thanks for the help i found a b and b just 5 miles from where i need to go.This was my first post and I like all the replys. thanks again

jrw
jrw