Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blood moon and the apocalypse
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated... is intense local conflicts with lots of weapons hardware...

[Big Grin] Channeling Rob Tucker's voice "doesnt this belong in Puna politics?".... [Big Grin]

LOL I am not trying to be the moderator - that thought just sounded funny for a second.

I never understood what is to be gained by predicting an apocalypse, other then stirring up fear.

If you're wrong, you should look like a fool, but generally the people who bought into the prediction in the first place will also buy into your excuse for an error in calculation. "Oops! Same time next year, folks!" So you're dependent on the gullibility and low intelligence of your believers.

If you're right, you have about this much time to glory in your - - -
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Even if an apocalypse was definitely going to happen. It would still be fear mongering to go on and on about how to prepare. You can't prepare for those type of things. The real question is: Why would anyone want to survive? Anyone who would want to survive is just showing a lack of understanding about how death works. We are all going to die just some at a slower rate than others. So that last man standing gets the reward of a slow and lonely death, smooth moves preppy. Tongue
I can't think of a way to make a Puna or Hawaii specific claim, unless of course there is some local event or presentation on the topic. That said, I haven't heard a "blood moon" apocalypse connection specifically. The closest connection I've heard is that, like I previously mentioned, the moon thing signals a momentous event related to the Jews and said event could herald the beginning of the long series of events that eventually lead to the said apocalypse. As for those that claim to be prophets and make prophecies that prove wrong, well they should be thankful the old testament judgements no longer apply. Looking the fool would be the least of their concerns. Of course, IIRC, plenty of false prophets are also promised.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Yeah; on the whole, I'd rather be at ground zero.

quote:
Originally posted by Derrick Barnicoat

Even if an apocalypse was definitely going to happen. It would still be fear mongering to go on and on about how to prepare. You can't prepare for those type of things. The real question is: Why would anyone want to survive? Anyone who would want to survive is just showing a lack of understanding about how death works. We are all going to die just some at a slower rate than others. So that last man standing gets the reward of a slow and lonely death, smooth moves preppy. Tongue

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>