Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is going on in this yard?
I hear ya dude... And feel for ya... I one time mentioned that it's a dog eat dog world and sometime you gotta be F'ing NASTY Neighbor even involving a bit of spirit to convince someone to do what you GOTTA DO!!!!!! I said some choice words and people frowned big time on me the last time.

I've been down that road when my idiotic neighbor put 5 beehives next to my property line and the bee's flight path was flying over my lot to his lot. Made mowing the lawn real interesting...

This was in Oregon (PORTLAND!!!) called up animal control (nothing we can do) told em fine. I'm just gonna poison the crap out of em because I can't even mow my lawn without 5-10 stings. Told the neighbor and they didn't care... Basically animal control told me "DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO!" and I did... I poured a half gallon of gasoline on them... Killed em in all in a few days. I hated to do it, because I love bee's but damn!

Moral of the story... I guess "DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO". Dunno how you lived next to that. I would have beat the crap out of that old guy daily or had someone else do it to get a message across. Seriously I couldn't do it for 3 months let alone 20 years. That is CRAZY!!!!!!!

At least they have a dog ordnance here now. I think after paying 100's of dollars worth of fines my neighbor along with help of other neighbors sent him a big message we don't allow hunting dogs barking 24 hours a day. Same drill couldn't talk on the phone and just constant barking. People are just a bunch of assholes and you need to do what you gotta do. It's now a quiet neighborhood once again.
Seems to me the problem is County's refusal to enforce the existing 70db noise limit for Ag zoning. The actual source of the noise is irrelevant.
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

If you want to avoid roosters moving in next door, but want space between you and the neighbors, you would be better off buying multiple smaller lots that aren't zoned ag instead of a larger lot in HPP, Orchidland, Hawaiian Acres or similar neighborhood. Nanawale has rules against roosters, and they are few and far between in Ainaloa. Otherwise, if it is a legal use of the land according to the zoning, and you try to retaliate, you would be the one who could wind up on charges for harassment. We had a rooster farmer move into the rental behind us, there was nothing we could do about it legally. He didn't pay his rent and eventually got evicted, but as long as he wasn't having cock fights on the land it was a legal use for an ag zoned lot. Unless the zoning is changed (unlikely) there will continue to be roosters on ag land. It is a common thing for adolescent boys to have a few roosters stacked out behind their mom's house, and the roosters are a firmly entrenched part of the culture here.

Carol

I live in Nanawale and there are still roosters. At one point some renters moved in a few lots down from me with about a dozen roosters. Even though roosters are not allowed, it still took over six months of complaining to the association and rental agency for them to get rid of them. Some people just have a ai no kea attitude.
Thank you people! I was beginning to feel like the lone ranger on here complaining of a problem I don't have but also don't want. I' too was thinking of "extreme measures" like pelletized mouse bait... I bet roosters would snap it up.
"My roosters kept getting into something over there, so I had to move." is how they will describe it to their cockfighting buddies.

comin' your way soon!
comin' your way soon!