Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why here??

Our family lived Oahu ( arrived in my teens)
Had always enjoyed my life, but never experienced this sense of "HOME" until my first visit to the Big Island. It moved me and I knew I belonged here.
Took some time but my husband, 2 daughters and assorted pets finally made the move to Waimea when our daughters were accepted to HPA..
It is for me as Dayna described. Totally emotional feeling of HOME.
My husband's business took us to Whidbey Island for a few years. Again, enjoyed the experiences that part of our life gave us......BUT IT WAS NOT HOME.
When we were finally able to return, this area gave us the best feeling of the Hawaii we had so missed.
Grateful to be back and grateful to help in any way to promote Aloha and love of Aina.
Im only here online as my daughter was taken from this earth, Kalapana was her home.
We moved here a bit over a year ago (to HOVES) and during our first few months here, fell in love with the entire island but especially the Pahoa area. We ended up purchasing a home here and are so glad for everything. The people, the weather, the ocean, the volcano, the aloha and most of all, the overwhelming sense of peace that I have only ever experienced in the mountains of Colorado.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
~Douglas Adams