Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waipio Valley
I saw a piece of property that I could afford once down in the valley ... While it is a magical place. It wouldn't be my cup of tea. Too far from civilization. Tho if I were younger and more single I might have done it. Don't let title waves and a little rain water discourage you. I laugh about it... Better not buy down there!!! Meanwhile the lava is coming to take away their house! Smile Everyplace is a risk! Go for it!

No it will never be a Kona or Hilo. Well, at least we hope not. Smile Too many people down there already. Every time I've gone there I've not seen any trash but "HUMANS" ... Just takes the right people to go down there to become a bay front I guess. Fishing Line and Cigarette butts with a few diapers thrown into the mess. Oh and a few hinikin beer bottles. Sigh.
Don't want to think about what its like now in the Waipio with all this rain.

I suppose the people who live down there are somewhat used it and have plenty of supplies because I imagine no one will be using the road out of there for at least a few days, maybe even a week if it doesn't let up soon.

-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
I think we should pave the entire valley. Make it smooth and dirt free. Maybe a skate park for kids? Condos and high rise hotels could block out tsunamis with their lower floors. Let's do it!!!
We have friends that have a family place down in the valley. The live in Hilo during the week (for work) and work the family farm on the weekends. They do plan on retiring in the valley, but also know that they, like their parents, may not be able to work the farm forever...and their children work off island, currently...
I wonder how the recent rains have treated the roads down in the valley...
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile