Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP House of Cards...
The owner of this home had pushed the envelope. If you are in Seaview or have visited there and seen the House of Cards, you would know that this building was uninhabitable - and in spite of the county officials' dreams, only tens of thousands of dollars might have made the structure inhabitable - or even useful for a tool shed. A disaster waiting to happen, and although Seaview is a wonderful, friendly home for eclectic inhabitants, the House of Cards could only attract undesirable passersby. Now the homeowners on this street can smile again knowing that their street is a safer place for adults and children to live and that their investments are solid.
Higher property values = higher taxes, to pay for fire response that "took them awhile to come out" (per neighbor in HtH article). Yeah, those investments are solid.

I wonder what the fire response time would have been with that new Kamoamoa-Road-to-130 connector? (CERS 4/23/14, map #8.)
If this was someones home, or shack or tool shed, and someone intentionally set it on fire, not very cool.

I don't know, i don't live there, I don't have to look at it, but, lighting someones property on fire ? thats that **** I do not like.
I believe one of the fire commissioner's try to get a volunteer firehouse opened in sea view but no one wanted to volunteer
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Wow, the loss of another Puna tourist attraction. What can Puna do to restore this showcase of Hawaiian architecture and culture. There should be a charity drive in HPP to collect excess building materials in any old empty lot there and a community effort of aloha to rebuild. This time, maybe we can get a Noah's ark replica, which will also be useful if there is a tsunami.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"

quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Wow, the loss of another Puna tourist attraction. What can Puna do to restore this showcase of Hawaiian architecture and culture. There should be a charity drive in HPP to collect excess building materials in any old empty lot there and a community effort of aloha to rebuild. This time, maybe we can get a Noah's ark replica, which will also be useful if there is a tsunami.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"

I've seen a number of "contractors" with the "skills" to build another house of cards.