Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTA and CBS again
We get 8 digital in HPP near the ocean. Can't pickup NBC (2)....
If you are having issues with KGMB/KHNL (CBS/NBC) OTA signal, please e-mail the folks below.

MMiyahara@hawaiinewsnow.com
dlee@hawaiinewsnow.com

"Aaron,

Right now Ch. 45 is down not because the transmitter isn't working, it's because a power outage on Mauna Loa knocked out the receiver that feeds the transmitter. Our transmitter engineer is in the process of booking a flight to the Big Island to fix the problem, no timeline is available yet.

Miles"
Thanks Aaron!
CBS is back up and transmitting
But now KHON/Fox appears to be down, or transmitting on very low power (this is usually the most reliable transmitter for me). Guess I'll have to wait for the second episode of Cosmos...
It's down again... missed Big Bang Theory season finally.... figures!!
I've pretty much given up with CBS (OTA channel 45). It's up a few weeks, down a few weeks, but even when it's up it'll spend a few hours each day transmitting nothing decipherable - it usually broadcasts OK (not right now though) but it's what it receives and retransmits that's normally broken. I'm sure their engineer is in the process of booking his next flight to the Big Island but it's been this way for three or four years now. Yes, I know it's free, but what's the point? You can almost guarantee it'll break again in a month or two.
Who needs channel 45. I have Aloha Broadband and just streamed the program I wanted to see right to my wide screen TV. Free!