Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
generators
Does anyone know who can service an old Winco 14,800W / 16 hp generator?

This old workhorse went to jobsites for years (my hubby bought it from an old guy for $500 back in 2002). Hadn't been used in 3 years and it started up after storm! (few days later as it took 3 guys to move it !)

It just needs some updating. Otherwise runs strong, and of course sucks up fuel.

We wanted to run a pool pump on it (1 hp) and a bunch of other stuff including chest freezer (ICE!!! yay!)

Any suggestions?
I'm wondering if the county has community type portable generators? Can for example, Leilani estates tie in a community generator to their local grid if necessary? Can pgv use a generator to replace the heco feed and reroute their outgoing power to just south Puna? Anyone have a background on the current grid route? I'd hate to see our surrounding grid tie neighbors experience more looting.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

I'm wondering if the county has community type portable generators? Can for example, Leilani estates tie in a community generator to their local grid if necessary? Can pgv use a generator to replace the heco feed and reroute their outgoing power to just south Puna? Anyone have a background on the current grid route? I'd hate to see our surrounding grid tie neighbors experience more looting.

Just across the sreet from lower Leilani is the world famous PGV -
shucks maybe Leilani can hook up one of the generators that the county recently (gave-loaned) to PGV Oromat after Iselle. Indeed a sweet deal for a company that (by anyone's imagination) already should have had a backup generators.

I agree with microage97 , that Honda's are the best purchase