Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reported armed home invasion Volcano.
A friend of a non friend just told me they saw a facebook post about hearing a police scanner broadcast involving a Puna social media site that has posters getting their panties all in a bunch over silly stuff.

I have seen this "bunch"; and it is we.

Damien,
Machine guns and Automatic firearms are illegal in the state of Hawaii and the ATF permit to hold them is not issued here. As per the remainder of the country... well that's another matter.

As per being able to purchase items online to create an Automatic firearm from a semi auto? That's nothing more than an ignorant rumor and has no basis in reality. Converting Semi Automatic firearms to automatic firearms is only possible through extensive machining work and additional parts fabrication. I know, because I have a manual that outlines many of these conversions and I can tell you there's nothing available online that would allow for bolt together instant modification to automatic operation. In fact many parts are made to purposely increase the difficulty in making simple modifications. And no... I have not made any such modifications and as long as Hawaii is not overtaken by a foreign enemy, I will never need to use the information.

Though you will find articles that say otherwise, machine guns and automatic firearms are not the same.
The terminology has become skewed over time.
Machine guns are often miss interpreted with regard to their lessor counterpart the automatic firearm.
Machine guns don't use gas porting for reloading but rather use rapid mechanized methods to load, fire, extract and reload and typically consist of multiple barrels to provide a slight delay period that provides barrel cooling between firing times. True machine guns were made before the use of gas porting reloading methods and they are also not typically a handheld arms but by perhaps the most powerful of men. As an example, the Gatling gun is a machine gun. Machine guns fire many more hundreds to thousands of rounds per minute than an automatic firearm and are not effected by load type. Automatic weapons need a particular load type to preform properly in automatic mode, if they don't get that load type they will often jamb because they become out of synchronization with the spring loaded return.
Community: Volcano armed assault 11-24-14
Dear Nixle User,
Hawai#699;i Police Department
Puna District
Lieutenant Reed Mahuna
Report No. C14031533

Media Release

Hawai#699;i Island police have initiated assault and terroristic threatening cases in connection with a confrontation early Sunday (November 23) at a home in Volcano.

At 4:16 a.m. Sunday, Puna Patrol officers responded to a report of a possible burglary in progress at a home on the 11-3700 block of Ali#699;i Anela Street in the Royal Hawaiian Estates subdivision.

When police arrived, a 25-year-old man reported that someone had banged on his door. When the victim opened the door, an unknown man holding what appeared to be a firearm charged toward him and they began fighting. During the struggle, the victim was punched. A 20-year-old woman who tried to intervene also was punched.

The suspect then ran toward the road, where he met another man who fled with him. Shortly thereafter, a vehicle was heard speeding away.

The assailant was described as local, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 with a heavy build and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, which was partially covering his face.

Both victims declined medical treatment.

Police ask anyone with information about this case to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the islandwide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential
http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/22/man-ge...ss-how-hel

Here's how they serve and protect.

rAyZ

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

According to HPD, their mission statement states:

"The employees of the Hawaii Police Department are committed to preserving the Spirit of Aloha. We will work cooperatively with the community to enforce the laws, preserve peace, and provide a safe environment."

As seen here..http://www.hawaiipolice.com/about-us/mission-statement-vision-statement-and-core-values

For comparison, here is NYPD's

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/admini...sion.shtml
Damien,
Machine guns and Automatic firearms are illegal in the state of Hawaii and the ATF permit to hold them is not issued here. As per the remainder of the country... well that's another matter.

As per being able to purchase items online to create an Automatic firearm from a semi auto? That's nothing more than an ignorant rumor and has no basis in reality. Converting Semi Automatic firearms to automatic firearms is only possible through extensive machining work and additional parts fabrication. I know, because I have a manual that outlines many of these conversions and I can tell you there's nothing available online that would allow for bolt together instant modification to automatic operation. In fact many parts are made to purposely increase the difficulty in making simple modifications. And no... I have not made any such modifications and as long as Hawaii is not overtaken by a foreign enemy, I will never need to use the information.

Though you will find articles that say otherwise, machine guns and automatic firearms are not the same.
The terminology has become skewed over time.
Machine guns are often miss interpreted with regard to their lessor counterpart the automatic firearm.
Machine guns don't use gas porting for reloading but rather use rapid mechanized methods to load, fire, extract and reload and typically consist of multiple barrels to provide a slight delay period that provides barrel cooling between firing times. True machine guns were made before the use of gas porting reloading methods and they are also not typically a handheld arms but by perhaps the most powerful of men. As an example, the Gatling gun is a machine gun. Machine guns fire many more hundreds to thousands of rounds per minute than an automatic firearm and are not effected by load type. Automatic weapons need a particular load type to preform properly in automatic mode, if they don't get that load type they will often jamb because they become out of synchronization with the spring loaded return. - Wao nahele kane

Wrong! I know of several individuals holding FFL (Federal Firearm License) that have fully automatic firearms permitted by ATF here in Hawaii.
Definition of full auto firearm = pull trigger once, more than one projectile is ignited (with the exception of burst fire - cam device fabricated for 3 rounds) Forget all the mumbo jumbo of gas ported, mechanized to load, extract, true machine gun hype. Bottom line - pull trigger once, more than one bullet period. Extensive machining is NOT needed!
Damien.
I said gas ported automatic weapons are not considered machine guns. Obviously any gun that automatically shoots more than one round with a single pull of a trigger is automatic.

As per the ownership of automatic firearms in the State of Hawaii - there are no exceptions for individuals.

§134-8 Ownership, etc., of automatic firearms, silencers, etc., prohibited; penalties. (a) The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of any of the following is prohibited: assault pistols, except as provided by section 134-4(e); automatic firearms; rifles with barrel lengths less than sixteen inches; shotguns with barrel lengths less than eighteen inches; cannons; mufflers, silencers, or devices for deadening or muffling the sound of discharged firearms; hand grenades, dynamite, blasting caps, bombs, or bombshells, or other explosives; or any type of ammunition or any projectile component thereof coated with teflon or any other similar coating designed primarily to enhance its capability to penetrate metal or pierce protective armor; and any type of ammunition or any projectile component thereof designed or intended to explode or segment upon impact with its target.

There are no exceptions.
http://www.hawaii247.com/2014/11/25/arme...estigated/

"Hawai#699;i Island police have initiated assault and terroristic threatening cases in connection with a confrontation early Sunday (November 23) at a home in Volcano.

At 4:16 a.m. Sunday, Puna Patrol officers responded to a report of a possible burglary in progress at a home on the 11-3700 block of Ali#699;i Anela Street in the Royal Hawaiian Estates subdivision.

When police arrived, a 25-year-old man reported that someone had banged on his door. When the victim opened the door, an unknown man holding what appeared to be a firearm charged toward him and they began fighting. During the struggle, the victim was punched. A 20-year-old woman who tried to intervene also was punched.

The suspect then ran toward the road, where he met another man who fled with him. Shortly thereafter, a vehicle was heard speeding away.

The assailant was described as local, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 with a heavy build and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, which was partially covering his face.
"
Funny how "what appeared to be a firearm" becomes a machine gun on Punaweb.

life is short. enjoy it
life is short. enjoy it
It was cited as a machine gun by the 911 operator according to the OP. It's not a Punaweb fabrication.
The jest of it is... average people aren't very proficient in their understanding of firearms/guns/weapons.

Ship guns are not firearms and firearms are not ship guns. Within the ship gun lineup are machine guns used on airships and naval ships, etc. Machine guns are particular for application in strafing operations. Airships (helicopter and fixed wing) use them for ground strafing. Ships and tanks, etc use them for strafing low flying aircraft. They are more reliable than automatic firearms and used where human hands on operators are not practical or possible. They are not firearms, they are designed strictly as weapons. A semi automatic firearm may be used as a limited weapon but isn't designed for battle use and not a very effective battle weapon. Automatic firearms are designed to be weapons and are weapons, period, but they are not ship guns.

Often the word gun is used to describe both firearms and variant weapons but when an individual serves in the military they understand the difference between a rifle and a gun. For those who still call rifles guns, they are reminded that this is my rifle as it's held up and this is my gun when they reach down at their crotch. One is for fighting and one is for fun.

On board a ship or aircraft they attach guns if it doesn't have a hands on operator though there's always the door gunner. Wink Attachment makes it a gun... just like at the crotch, otherwise its a rifle or pistol, etc.

Point is... no one had a machine gun breaking into a house in volcano unless it was attached to their crotch like in the movie from dusk to dawn. Wink