Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many inches of rainfall?
S Rider.... there is no way coastal Hawaiian Beaches got 12 feet of rain in 3 months (140").... thats well over 1-1/2" per day every day on average... and would rival the wettest spots in state.... he obviously doesnt have a good rain gauge.. is he using a garbage can or something ?

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Hubby's rain gauge YTD at 3rd and Makuu totals 140". We got a new gauge some months back and tbey were side by side for a few weeks. Measurements matched.
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

S Rider.... there is no way coastal Hawaiian Beaches got 12 feet of rain in 3 months (140").... thats well over 1-1/2" per day every day on average... and would rival the wettest spots in state.... he obviously doesnt have a good rain gauge.. is he using a garbage can or something ?

Fairly new state of the art equipment and he not a person prone to exaggeration or hyperbole, which is why I repeated what he told me here.
Seems pretty normal to us - typical Dec weather for east side of Hawaii the Island .
By Jan 10th should start to go drought till mid March - April .

Would rather have rain than drought .

Mrs Mimosa
I like the days with 15 minutes of rain, 15 partly cloudy, 15 sunny, and through that cycle all day long. You can work outside in a t-shirt and go through wash and dry cycles all day long - never too hot, never too wet. You can go for bike rides or hikes or the beach or stay inside (if you have to...) There is great variation for a month from year to year and some months more than others.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Hey Jon,
You moved here just a few days before us (Sept. 30, 2011) and my wife was very unhappy with the constant rain. January was very nice and sunny though. Looks like this January will at least start out sunny also.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Would rather have rain than drought .

ready for a little drought right about now actually!
We got 5.5" of rain since midnight.
I think I prefer rain to drought; I don't have to water the plants.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>