Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dengue Fever Supplies - Products & Stores
Years ago in Washington State, I sprayed deet around my sleeping bag before watching stars out on my lawn. Next day, I had a rectangle of dead grass. I now use IR3535, the active ingredient in Bullfrog Mosquito Coast combo sunscreen/repellent. Also, dunks for standing water if you can't empty it out...

Also tried carbon dioxide-based zapper. It kills them, but attracts them from downwind...so a wash.

bamboo2u
I like this picaridin cream: Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent. Amazon will ship it here.

It is fragrance free (I am quite sensitive) and it works really well.
I was in Walmart's Garden section the other day, and in the back corner are several shelves of anti-mosquito products, including aerosole sprays, Deet& Deet-free products, repellant bracelets, etc. Big selection, good prices.
The last 3 Sundays I've been at Pahoa Longs they had plenty of mosquito sprays and other products available.
Begrudgingly had to go to Walmart today and noticed they have a huge endcap full of mosquito repellent products in the garden center near the registers. Hundreds on display.
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

Begrudgingly had to go to Walmart today and noticed they have a huge endcap full of mosquito repellent products in the garden center near the registers. Hundreds on display.

So I guess Walmart might not be so evil, even if it is now standard to apologize for going there. Wink

Seriously, always love your posts, tc.

Cheers,
Kirt