Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there! I'm moving to Discovery Harbor.
Yeah you're right Paul, it's just this dude linchpin here is wow, lol, he hates aloha. "On a side note, I wonder how many people in the "pot is medicine" movement are looking for a way to extract the necessary compounds out of marijuana to use it as medicine, while leaving the euphoria inducing elements behind." I mean, linchpin is like Ebenezer Scrooge, he literally wants to remove joy, and he lives in Hawai'i. Not only does he want this, but he sincerely thinks that's the best medical approach. It blows my mind how cold and bitter that is, it's alien to me.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
"linchpin is like Ebenezer Scrooge"

There is no Aloha in name calling.
It's not name calling, I am just grasping for some way to describe someone who actually thinks the best approach medically is to remove euphoria from a drug. It is literally joyless. I'm open to suggestions, I can't think of anything more apt than Scrooge to describe joylessness.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Just move on, don't dwell on the negative.
quote:
Originally posted by glassnumbers

It's not name calling, I am just grasping for some way to describe someone who actually thinks the best approach medically is to remove euphoria from a drug.

Actually young man, it is the very definition of name calling.

And for the record, you are (once again) putting words in my mouth.
I never said that, "the best approach medically is to remove euphoria from a drug".
I posed a question. A question that brings up a point I have made numerous times (on this forum and others). That point being:
I don't care if someone wants to drink Drano shove hot pokers up their rectum, smoke pot, eat lead based paint, or worship a plate of spaghetti. So long as what they do does not adversely affect another living person. But it's always the potheads who try to piss down your back and tell you it's raining. Shut up with the "it's medical it's medical" stuff and just say you want to get high! I have more respect for a man who admits his faults (we ALL have them) than for the people who try to hid behind something else.

At least drunks know they are drunks, junkies know they are junkies. Potheads have built a culture around their addiction to try and validate it.

And for the record, I used to have joy in my life. It was ripped away from me in two separate incidents.
As my wife (who IS Hawaiian) says, Hawai'i isn't a paradise. It's a place where people work harder than most to have less than others because EVERYONE ELSE comes here thinking it's a paradise.
Paradise is home, family, and friends. And if your home, family, and friends are so unfulfilling that you'd rather stuff your body full of stuff to make you forget about it, then that's your problem - don't make it others'.

Aloha can also mean good bye. And since I've had my fill of this thread.... aloha.
I know Linchpin. He and his ohana were kind enough to give me and my wife a place to stay for a while until we found a rental we could afford. And they asked for and accepted nothing in return! You couldn't ask to meet a nicer person or think there is a better man to have your back when your chips are down. I know what he and his family have been through in the past, he has lost more than most people will ever, and not once have I heard him try to play the victim.
I've read this thread from top to bottom and I must say that there has been a whole lot of jumping to conclusions, putting words in peoples mouths, and attempts at straw manning.

Maybe because I can understand both sides, I see things differently.
Well the trolls have taken over.

Unfortunately I am locking this up.

glassnumbers feel free to post all you like and be happy about it.

Some of you others need to simply let people enjoy their life without trying to make them as unhappy as you are. Here's a suggestion... start your own topic about how unhappy you are.

If it starts up again heads are going to roll.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator