Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More vaccination nonsense
The mist, as I understand it, is mostly meant as an alternative for small children who can’t yet understand that some needles aren’t harmful.
It’s not recommended for most people, including anyone over 50 (according to WebMD). By the way, that 26% score doesn’t include this year’s batch and the number is dubious anyway because of the small sample size.

So far 13 children have died this season because of the flu and many more will follow. Flu shots should be encouraged (thank you, Golden Globes), not discouraged based on personal irrational fears.
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

It's going to take someone besides you to get me to see the light open-d.

Your logic is flawed.

I seem to disagree with you on every topic.

Yes, I agree. You are on the wrong side of issues most of the time, but it is ok?

Sad, though, that you can't see the light" all by yourself. After all, most do!!

BTW, it isn't MY logic, it is the logic of the ENTIRE medical community save a kook or two on the fringes.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

So far 13 children have died this season because of the flu and many more will follow. Flu shots should be encouraged (thank you, Golden Globes), not discouraged based on personal irrational fears.

Another important fact that those who prefer life with blinders on, is that if they get the flu because they refused to get the vaccine, there is a substantial chance somebody else will get it from them, and it is not beyond the pale to expect that some of those who get the flu because of a luddite's refusal to get vaccinated, will die from it.

"The flu shot works to either prevent you from getting the flu, if you do, to lessen its impact."

It's true.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

"What protection does the flu vaccine provide if I do get sick with flu?
Some people who get vaccinated may still get sick. However, flu vaccination has been shown in some studies to reduce severity of illness in people who get vaccinated but still get sick. A 2017 study showed that flu vaccination reduced deaths, intensive care unit (ICU) admissions, ICU length of stay, and overall duration of hospitalization among hospitalized flu patients. Another study in 2018 showed that a vaccinated adult who was hospitalized with flu was 59 percent less likely to be admitted to the Intensive Care Unit than someone who had not been vaccinated."
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

The flu shot works to either prevent you from getting the flu, if you do, to lessen its impact.

That statement is so full of ignorance and falsehoods as to suggest that the writer has no idea of what he/she is talking about. But then who depends on a Gollum for anything but a good blood sucking anyways?

As far as being "full of ignorance and falsehoods...", you should be very familiar.