Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widening Maku'u?
How does the dirt v grass shoulder aid striping?
The dirt/grass was growing out into the road, covering the faded out stripes.

I do hope they deal with the piles of stuff, though - crew can't mow now.

(Edit fixed bad sentence)
Of course, the side line...Speaking of striping Makuu, if anyone can view, or look over shoulder of someone who can view,Hawaii Tracker on Facebook, there is a photo circa 1995 looking up Makuu w the PuuOo vent in distance. Amazing how clear the view could be (without tall trees)
We could clearly see the fountaining from the Community Center in the 80’s and 90’s before the Albezia took over. The best, clearest view was at 5th and Maku’u. Conversely, you could see the ocean all the way down Maku’u. Hoping to see both here again, if we can just get rid of the invasive trees.
On the albezia cutting on Maku'u -- any idea why they have been cutting these trees to half their height? Wouldn't they still grow?
I had the same question but then I thought : that's how you cut down tall trees, a bit at a time from the top down.
I think the plan is to use Milestone now that the limbs won’t fall on the road anymore, or they’ll just grow back. It’s a lot cheaper than having an arborist cut the trees completely down. They charge over 10k/day for all that equipment and manpower.