Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUV Stolen At Knife Point At Honolulu Landing (HS)
otherwise the criminal would have a white SUV *and* a gun now.

Do we know if the driver was inside his car with a hypothetical gun? Or outside of the car without access to the happiness of a warm gun? Did he see the trio of crooks coming toward him, did they approach him in a friendly manner, catching him off guard?

We don’t even know what model of car he was driving, much less any of the pertinent details. But sure, if a hypothetical gun were present, the victim would have for sure, without a doubt, OK Corraled his way out of the situation.

(Cue theme song from Bonanza...)

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I was thinking more along the lines of Sean Connery's character in "The Untouchables" saying something about bringing a knife to a gun fight. But he let the guy go, and got shot for it.
TomK,
My same thoughts regarding not being able to remember the car's model.
I did find out it was his girlfriend's SUV.
He is not the kind of person that cares about those things, all he knew was that it was a Subaru. He has his truck, and he can tell you what kind/type it is.
From what he was trying to convey about the police attitude, was that police was asking him more questions as to whether it was a drug deal gone wrong. That was their emphasis of the questions.
I give this guy some slack because of his health. Which has affected him severely.
As for license plate numbers, well, I don't even know the numbers of my cars.
HOTPE, the guy was inside the SUV, windows rolled down, facing the ocean when the punches to his head starting coming in. Then dragged out at knife point.
Maybe he had a concussion afterwards and was confused. I don't know...
punalvr
Incidents like this one and the Kona hotel guard on life support make me think we need harsher punishment for violent crimes. Bring back the pillory in the public square.
Thanks, punalvr, appreciate the feedback and extra info.
Anybody heard anymore info on the incident? That is some scary stuff. I live close by and cruise by the area all the time. Such a beautiful spot.