Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Punaweb is back... how is everyone doing?
Smile 
Happen to check today if Punaweb is up and so happy to see that it is.  Thank you.  Smile
Ah Punaweb again.  A great source of news.  Like a few others I had to create a new username too to get logged in.  Glad it's back up and going. Thanks Rob and the others that helped resurrect it.
Aloha Punaweb Friends! Great to see Punaweb back in operation.  Thank you Rob and those that worked to bring it back to life...  

Mahalo for keeping the Spirit alive.

We are hanging in there, like everyone else. We have been doing lots of work around the homestead and still have a couple projects lined up that we have yet to get to.  Sure do miss getting together with friends, enjoying live music and potlucks!  This has given me the opportunity to try new recipes and change our meal lineup.  Our doggies are sure loving the extra attention they are getting since we have been working from home.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!  Heart
Thanks so much for your hard work, time and money spent on keeping Puna web alive.  I really missed it while it was down.

Like most retired people, we are keeping close to home, using the internet a lot, and hoping this covid virus disaster will be over *Soon*.

Sincerely,

Ccat
Thanks for putting in the effort to get Punaweb back up and functioning. I've been away for a while and came back to the 'you need to reset your login' thing. It took me about 20 tries to get the right captcha text (is that a zero, a big O or a small o and so forth). Anyway, here on the next Island to the North East, things are very good. We've only had 1 case of coronavirus in the last two months and life is remarkably close to normal right now. I'll be checking in a lot more over the next little while as my wife and I have retired and hope to be spending more time on the Big Island again soon.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Thanks Rob for continuing to provide this outlet.  Despite the occasional "dust-ups" between members, this is so much better than the local Facebook groups with their high levels of conspiracies, hoaxes and vitriol.  Punaweb provides good local info, necessary info, and I'm glad for those who post here and support the effort.

Thanks!
Kudos & Congratulations Rob! Thanks for bringing us 'back to the future'. Puna just isn't the same without The Web. Mahalo!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
(06-20-2020, 01:00 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: It has been some weeks since PW went down.  I hope everyone is well.  Let us know what you've been up to.

For my part the loss of PW was a surprise and frankly it took me a week or so to wrap my head around it.  John Schinnerer, our long time web master, began investigating. It has not been determined if the hack that affected  PW was intentional or a bot.  It doesn't really matter.
So now we have a new more stable platform and should be good for the years ahead.   Our past has been restored.
My weeks have been largely normal. Self employed I have no change in my daily.  Business has been slow to non existent with the pandemic but the only change in my daily has been wearing a mask when shopping and gloves when doing things like pumping gas.
Best wishes to you all.  Let us know how you've been doing.

Aloha Heart

Rob Tucker
Aurite!!! I thought PW was gone forever. I checked a bunch of times after the hack job but the site was still offline. So tonight I tried again and , low and behold, here it is! It took me a few tries to reestablish my membership. Resetting the password through email was glitchy. Took 4 tries but I finally got a new Password and my status is restored. Glad to be back! Also I had to hover around to find this reply window. The site looks a little different but still the same pretty much. Like finding an old pair of well fitting shoes. Cheers,KW

Did I post this in the right place? ^ Not sure what happened there where this post ended up , under your post Rob??? ^ Copy and paste from above post just in case. ____(Aurite!!! I thought PW was gone forever. I checked a bunch of times after the hack job but the site was still offline. So tonight I tried again and , low and behold, here it is! It took me a few tries to reestablish my membership. Resetting the password through email was glitchy. Took 4 tries but I finally got a new Password and my status is restored. Glad to be back! Also I had to hover around to find this reply window. The site looks a little different but still the same pretty much. Like finding an old pair of well fitting shoes. Cheers,KW)
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Welcome back Kimo. I remember that you had a story to tell on the "Anyone think they got it?" thread. Sounded pretty rough. I hope you guys are well past that and enjoying the new normal. Personally, I can isolate with the best of 'em.
Welcome back kimo wires!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves