Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV gets grading permit
Geo, i would opine u are criss-crossing things here.

As i believe SBH is mearly point out the fire IZ there,and throwing down,, we just have to capture it.
Until grid scale storage of solar energy becomes possible, geothermal via PGV is the best chance the Big Island has at sustainable electric production. An added bonus will be lower rates as the "avoided cost" (oil driven) pricing is replaced on new production with a "cost plus margin" model.
clear, simple, and WRONG... If it was economically feasible to capture all that energy and store it

I'm currently at work on an idea which will capture and store as much sunlight as possible for use during the nighttime, or cloudy weather. It involves the underground storage of photosynthesized byproducts held inside fossilized plants and tiny marine organisms, their decomposition over a period of time and transformation into an oily residue, which can be accessed by drilling, then pumped to the surface as an energy supplement during solar's off-peak hours.

I call it SolarFossilFuel

Who is this arrogant young man who proclaims himself the poet of the time... and who roots like a pig among a rotten garbage of licentious thoughts? - NY Times review of Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Love the road building video. It just looks like a D10 makes a nice road on lava like butter goes on toast, especially with the soothing soundtrack.
(12-15-2018, 05:14 AM)Obie Wrote: The road to PGV:

https://tinyurl.com/y9p4p9m3

Once again, business accomplishes in months what government cannot do in years.
The land owner had a good deal to do with that road building.

The same owner is refusing to allow lighthouse road to be opened.
Land and Power.

Sometimes, the meek really do inherit the earth.