Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maku'u Farmer's Market Closed Today (Sept 4)
traffic to Pahoa was backed up halfway to Ainaloa from people trying to turn left into the market

Didn't DOT perform a traffic study before building the left turn lane? I think it's in "the rules" somewhere.
Any traffic study would have been done before Makuu decided to start charging for parking and created a bottleneck. I rarely miss a chance to criticize the DOT, but this one may not be their fault.
The market needs to split the incoming traffic into 2 lanes. That would quickly solve the traffic issue.

Also noticed that the market has no real method of accounting for the $ that the person takes in at the booth. Should be at least a numbered/serialized ticket given out with each admission purchase. I wonder how much is going into someone's pocket with zero accountability?
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Also noticed that the market has no real method of accounting for the $ that the person takes in at the booth. Should be at least a numbered/serialized ticket given out with each admission purchase. I wonder how much is going into someone's pocket with zero accountability?

Woah! How did we get from traffic problems to sherlock holmes? Really Dude? Is everyone you meet a thief?
I wonder how much is going into someone's pocket with zero accountability?

I wonder. If only there were a recent example for the Maku'u Market to look to, a situation where sums of $ were left unchecked, and unaccountable by the people handling those funds? But perhaps if the person in the toll booth had a good reason for which they needed the money we would all recognize that's it's really OK, and nobody will miss it. Probably.

“We’ve got to be as clear-headed about human beings as possible, because we are still each other’s only hope,” James Baldwin to Margaret Mead in the book A Rap On Race
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Around here, it seems to be the norm, which is why we have all of the posts/threads on how to secure property, the mayor's little issue, missing money from football and little leagues, school officials misappropriating money... Just stating the obvious I guess.
Is everyone you meet a thief?

No, only the ones who accept cash.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe
Woah! How did we get from traffic problems to sherlock holmes? Really Dude? Is everyone you meet a thief?
Dis Puna, kapakahi kakou.

*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*

+1 Joe > so it seems. Even overarches to struggling parents of hungry children.
Maku'u Farmer's Market is closed , September 4th. This market is a wonderful place for fresh produce and local goods. Check back on their regular schedule to enjoy all they have to offer.