Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domino's is back
I love pizza (through) thick and thin, and agree with centipede about what is being passed off as pizza here. Pizza Hut is horrible, imho. My pizza consumption has dropped to "almost never" since moving here. Not complaining, though, as a pizza-deprived existence beats the hell out of Chicago winters.

Guess I won't be needing that free government medical coverage now ;-)

Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
quote:
Originally posted by centipede

Having been raised in NY, I'm cursed with knowing what good pizza tastes like and I get the willies seeing (and tasting) what is being passed off as pizza here as well as in Phoenix and Vegas. Honestly, it's almost enough to send me packing and moving back to the N.E. in winter (almost). In desperation, I tried one at Pizza Hut in Keaau not long ago (one of their New York specials), and it came in second as being the worst I've ever eaten. The horror; the horror... [xx(]

You are lucky not being cursed with knowing what the real Italian (made in Italy) taste like[V]!

BTW,I didn't know that centipedes are that picky![Big Grin]
I concur with StillHope on Italian-made pizza. Very thin crust, just a smear of sauce, and minimal toppings. Of course the Italians see pizza as a minor appetizer and not a main course, as Bear and I discovered on one of our trips. We did find a place in Mantova, however, that advertised Pizza Americana and delivered. Mmmmmmm.

The solution for Big Islanders wanting "real" pizza is do it yourself. It takes some work, but the results can be quite rewarding. Getting the dough for the crust just right can be a chore, but if you can make bread, you can make pizza dough. (Or you can cheat and get prepared crust.) Toppings are limited only by the imagination.

Cheerfully planning a DIY pizza for tonight,
Jerry