Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let it Rain...Let it Rain......
Hey, it could be worse... check out the forecast for snow on the weather underground page for Pahoa! typo, but was a fun wake-up!

-------------------
Rest of Today
Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning... then numerous showers with possible thunderstorms and snow showers in the afternoon. No snow accumulation. Highs around 78 at the shore to around 65 at 4000 feet. Light winds becoming east up to 10 mph in the late morning and afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
--------------------

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/find...uery=96778

Jane
Well, Volcano's 53 F with 100% humidity, nightime is well in the low 40s, might get flurries tonight, good for the plums and blueberries!

This Global Warming is getting out of hand!
Gordon J Tilley
It's rained long enough and hard enough that everything is getting that "Puna funk", closets smell like a mushroom farm. Time to launder everything in the house.
quote:
Well, Volcano's 53 F with 100% humidity, nightime is well in the low 40s, might get flurries tonight, good for the plums and blueberries!

This Global Warming is getting out of hand!
This is a testament to all the hard work of Nobel laureate and academy award wiener Al Gore, he has single handedly stopped run away anthropogenic global warming.

hurray!
It's called Global Warming, but it just means catastrophic climate change caused mostly by manmade greenhouse gases. That can mean snow in Southern California, and tornadoes in Kentucky in the winter. It also means, unfortunately, rising oceans. I would really like the ocean level to stay pretty much where it is.
noaa Pacific water vapor imagery loop shows that we are going to be in for lots more for at least a few more days. Ugh.
Glen, the climate change stuff is a last ditch effort to cover some rather sore okoles. Virtually none of the few year ago predictions are panning out, and in fact it's cooling off as predicted in the 70s "Ice age coming". Don't want to get into it here, but Email me for my side.
Gordon J Tilley
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7935159.stm

Retaining walls for big island ocean front? - On pain of wondering off topic, but me thinks this relates to the global warming comments.

Meanwhile - We got a little break up here in the acres yesterday, this morning however we are having a pretty steady light rain, and no painting -aaaaargh!

Good morning to have that extra cup of coffee and hang out in bed watching the cnbc talking heads describing market doing good things –cheers!
Took my visiting high school classmate and her daughter up to HVNP today, and it wasn't raining above 3500 feet, just a little very light mist now and then. We even saw patches of blue off to the southwest. Driving back to Hilo we hit drenching rain at Glenwood. Yuck.

Cheers,
Jerry