Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scam Email
quote:
Originally posted by dfryman

got it, replied back with a not so nice note! thanks for the warning.

Donna

NEVER reply back. Now, they have your email address as a valid email address! You will start getting even more spam.
I didn't know. thanks for the info. Will remember next time.

Donna
Donna
Actually, you shouldn't even OPEN those emails, lots of mailer softwear has a "return receipt" notification that tells the sender an email has been received.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I find it impossible to believe that anyone who has the rudamentary intelligence to open an Email (such as myself) remains stupid enough to fall for such scams. No sympathy for those who get suckered.
Yes, I know this has nothing to do with Puna, but if you have an hour or two free the Ebola Monkey Man site is worth a read. This is someone who has the time to scam the scammers and is very entertaining! I don't recommend doing this yourself unless you have the resources, but the list of scams is worth exploring.

Tom
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Actually, you shouldn't even OPEN those emails, lots of mailer softwear has a "return receipt" notification that tells the sender an email has been received.

Most WebMail providers provide no return receipt data. So, your not sending any information to the sender when reading mail.

I did not get the letter. Gmail filters must be working. [Big Grin]
this practise has been going on for years. At first it was every other Nigerian on this planet would send out these emails hoping for one fish! Unfortunately it's usually our elderly that gets burned by these pissants;

In the past, I have written back these guys. And even on special occasions they even re-write me back once again too. I usually tell them to get a real job, and that their scam is already 10 years old, and played out by everyone already. Some have actually asked me about employment too! Talk about a real dream world!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!