Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super easy homemade bread
Maud, you are a true pioneer. Avo Bread is a great idea. That old toaster oven is a great appliance!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Hey, I like the idea of Avo Bread too! Can you share your recipe Maud?
Enjoy the day! Ann
Well. I'm afraid I've never written it down, but just wing it. I try to mash the hell out of the avocados (because I have so many) and add to liquid ingredients (but substitute some of the liquid for the avocado), or alternately, use avo and add more flour to a not overly wet consistency. Also, expect to bake longer, and maybe at a lower temp., for internal doneness. I shall write down what works next time I make it.
Avo has a lot of oil in it, would be ideal for low rising breads and very healthy too! Thanks Maud.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
quote:
Originally posted by maud gonne

I've been baking bread since I first got here, not because I like to cook or bake. In fact I hate it and have put together a really good "I Don't Cook" book full of tried and true recipes I got from others. Anyway, I've been baking bread because of the unaffordable price.

I am curious - with all that crazy price on electricity and the time required to cook (45-60 min!) is it really that much savings?
Any bread you buy that has any real taste is about 5-7 bucks. I can make a loaf of great tasting bread for WAY less than a buck. Bake and cook with gas. If you use electricity just plan for a baking day and bake several things while the oven is hot.

Royall

Hmmm. Good point, Stillhope. I should factor in the price of electricity. But toaster ovens don't use anywhere near the energy of a "real" oven, gas or electric. Plus, as Royall suggested, this homemade is the BEST! Best ingredients, no preservatives, etc.