Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
likely unpopular but true: Wally world cheap food
Interesting topic, that has gone around before on here. I have not shopped at KTA in years due to the stink. I tried several times and could not take it. Smells very fishy. When something smells fishy it means that fish juices and seafood juices have gotten into things and not been cleaned out. Things are getting warm and care has not been taken in keeping things freshened up.

I was born into a commercial fishing family, raised around the docks and tenders where fish are processed, as well as crab, shrimp and clams. I was raised during the summers in a cabin with no running water, where we processed and canned our own fish during our down time for the commercial fishing. We hauled water from a stream and boiled it for use, yet in all of my years doing this, we never had that stinky odor.

Fresh seafood has a distinct ocean fresh smell to it, not a stinky smell, unless something is bad. But then again we cleaned everything all the time, it's amazing what a little arm muscle and vineger will do to fish slime and seafood juices, cleans them right up.

So when someone tries to tell me KTA is just fine and there is no smell, I take it with a grain of salt, as my family would never have tolerated that smell from our fishing site. And beleive me I love the smell of fresh fish caught right out of the ocean and all the other seafood as well. But I won't touch any stinky seafood, ever.
I worked at a Super Walmart in Florida and the food dept was slammed daily. They couldnt stock it fast enough even pulling people from other departments to do it.
While wandering through Target (just because it was something new in Kona) I noticed that they have devoted the entire one side of the buildings aisles as food. Just a matter of time until Wally does the same thing Im sure.
I heard that the Hilo Walmart does the highest volume of sales in the country because they dont have competition yet. Im sure they wanna keep it that way. (This is hearsay. I have no idea if its true but Wally is always packed as far as I can see)

Please be kind.
Please be kind.
Why do locally grown foods in stores like KTA cost more than stuff brought over from who knows where at the other stores? Is it the sore or the farmer that is making the extra profits? (I'll bet on the store)

(Wal-Mart doesn't sell produce, at least in Hilo, although they do in other superstores around the mainland.)