Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat control
If you can't find them on island, Amazon has them for 38 dollars with free shipping.
They may not be as good as cats, but they're certainly cheaper. And better for the local birds.

I think they're designed to only trigger on the weight of something as heavy as a mouse, or bigger. I like the fact that cats won't fit in there; I was always hesitant to use a standard rat trap or glue trap in case a cat got caught in it.

$38 at Amazon! That's great, I wish I'd checked that. But you can take a look at them at ACE Hardware first.
quote:
Originally posted by rbakker

For cats, the Humane Society will lend you traps for free, and then you can just hand them over and let them deal with it.

But then you might end up with rats!

NO you don't think that do you? You would have MORE rats if you got rid of the cats? So your rats climb trees? HUM.

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Don't think what? Yes, you would have more rats if you got rid of the cats. Yes, rats climb trees. They live in them too.

ACE Keaau (and maybe all ACEs) is having a 20% off sale Saturday Feb 27, good time to get a ratzapper.
I'm not clear what you're saying, mella. Rats live in trees, yes, avocados, bananas, coconut palms, you name it, and love roofs and attics. Cats definitely help keep the rodent population under control. I have been thanked by more than one neighbor for the free rat control they started getting when my cats (not ferals) moved in. They don't wander far but they do go after the rats and if they find a rat infestation around a roof they will stake it out and deal with it. Also they dispose of the rat, most of the time, although not always (sigh).

Samdooby, your post makes me sad. The cats cannot help it that they were abandoned or their parents were. Even feral animals can be transformed into wonderful animals by a little compassion and care. Cats are just as intelligent and evolved as dogs. If you treat them in any way that you would not treat dogs because you would think it inhumane, maybe you could rethink your double standard.