Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tighten your belts!!!!!
quote:
This article struck me as ever so slightly relevant. If it's true that some among us are making a killing, either in real estate or the market, are we making a point to give back I wonder?

I've got a sneaking suspicion that none of us are gazillionaires, but many of us regardless of personal circumstances could certainly take a lesson from Carnegie, Branson, Gates, and Buffet.

Giving Back, Big Time: Today's billionaires are heeding Carnegie's idea that 'the man who dies rich dies disgraced.'

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1102-22.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - malolo on 11/02/2006 12:08:46

interesting read your Commomdreams link Malolo

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
quote:
This article struck me as ever so slightly relevant. If it's true that some among us are making a killing, either in real estate or the market, are we making a point to give back I wonder?

I've got a sneaking suspicion that none of us are gazillionaires, but many of us regardless of personal circumstances could certainly take a lesson from Carnegie, Branson, Gates, and Buffet.

Giving Back, Big Time: Today's billionaires are heeding Carnegie's idea that 'the man who dies rich dies disgraced.'

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1102-22.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - malolo on 11/02/2006 12:08:46

interesting read your Commomdreams link Malolo

Why does there seem to be some hostility here when talking about the economy, or politics? I thought everybody knew our world revolves around both these subjects in one way or another? In a perfect world we wouldn't have to deal with politics or the economy,...but then again we don't live in a perfect world do we?

Personally I'm amazed why people don't understand why our gas prices are lower at this point in time, or why the markets have a robust feel to them now for the most part.

The GOP would like you to think that they have our economy going strong, it's their theme for the Mid-terms this election. An election that should find the Dems( liberals, progressives) back in control of the houses in a few days!!!!
First thing on their agenda, raise the 'minimum wage', then stop all these GOP madness!!!!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
There are a thousand sites to express or vent one's opinions on Bush, Iraq, Republicrats and the Dow. If a person is lucky enought to get Lou Dobbs or Bill O'Reilly to read your rant you might even get a free coffee mug!

I am very interested in punaweb as a source of local political discussion. We have a very important local election going on and not one word about Safarik vs. Naeole. Or Jordan vs Hanohano.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Hey Rob -

Since Puna is changing - what about we make a third forum that we can ignore or contribute knowing if we look at the threads that they are politically themed?
I'll second that motion! The drum beaters and hand-ringers need a forum, but frankly their tired rhetoric makes my eyes glaze over. They can whip themselves into a frenzy on their own forum, while others discuss mango pitters here.

I'll be monitering the mango pitter thread.

Aloha
Richwhiteboy

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” -
Winston Churchill

“Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good.”
- Henry Rollins

I am still most interested in Punaweb being about Puna.

There is a lot of national political ranting at:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/index.php?

Try the section called: "The American Asylum"

There are people there who will go nose to nose with anyone on anything.

I haven't exactly shut it off here but posters beware: If they want to rant then I have the intention and right to slow it down or simply delete it. I have had to delete one political posting I thought offensive. I have been quite conserevative in deletions so far. I may become more liberal.

There are so many venues for national politics I can't think of a good reason to make punaweb more mainstream (mainland).

It might be interesting to discuss the act of coming to Hawaii and trying to change it to resemble where one came from. When I left California the main subject of discussion was money, money, money. How much money do you make? What kind of car do you drive? What price did you buy/sell your house for? I was pleased and relieved to get away from that.

Everyone's portfolio is worth what it is until, of course, the world comes to an end in a few days (or weeks, or years).
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
It seems to me by the title of this thread, that those interested would tune in and share their thoughts or ideas. Those who are tender to this sort of exchange with any sense would shy away. Is that too much common sense? I would hope not. Or is the purpose of bashing aloha around here to stifle, berate and silence the concerns of community? I pretty much give up and move on.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA