Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mold on Leather
Paula, The ziplock bags will only work if you add a desicant (like the little packets that come with alot of electronic stuff). The crystal kitty litter is one way to go if you don't have a fistful of the little packets (just put it in a fabric pouch or plastic bag with holes poked in) and make sure everything is as dry as can be before you pack it ( hot sunny DRY day is the best!)
Aloha, Carey

Ever try "Space Bags" guaranteed to lock out moisture Wink

Aloha HADave

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Those are great tips. Space saver bags with the little crystal packet in it. Thanks soo much. Very do-able.
Mahalo

Ahhhh, the desicant is a great idea, should have thought of that. I'll use them when bagging up my cold weather cloths.

Mahalo nui loa,
Paula
PunaPaula
Here's one more idea. I have a portable dehumidifier that I got at Sears a few years back.

Whenever I pack my underwater camera in it's underwater case before a dive I wheel the dehumidifier into one room together with the camera/case and close the room up tight . I run it for about 6 hours and get the humidity down to about 40%. Then the camera is ready to be sealed into the case.

This same technique could be used before sealing anything into the space bags.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".