Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viewing HPP with Bing Maps
Google must have some good lenses on those satellites!
I can't see any difference between Bing and Google for my area. It really is a mix and match.
Interesting to see the dates that people can figure out. Mine are at least 2007 (or older).
Just as reminder, once you are zoomed down max on your property you can rotate the view by click the circular shaped arrow buttons upper right in the map pane. You may get newer imagery when looking at your property from different angles.

Disclaimier: I haven't explored Bing imagery outside of HPP, so I can't say it is better than Google outside of HPP.

One odd thing is that Google doesn't always use the latest, and sometimes not even the best, maps that are available to them. If you use Google Earth, you can go through older images, and sometimes you'll find that the one that shows up by default is actually an older, lower quality one! Not sure how that happens.

Another useful thing is that you can get a kmz file for the Google Earth program that overlays the Bing Maps images on it. It's handy because it allows you to combine the GE functionality with the Bing imagery. It does slow things down, and for some reason blocks you from zooming in all the way, but it's very useful for certain areas, especially where there are clouds in the GE maps (the Bing maps generally have a lot less). You can download it here: http://ge-map-overlays.appspot.com/bing-maps
Bing had this feature a long time ago...

That being said the BEST tool that blows bing away is google maps!!!

What? Huh?

Yup... Street View rocks! and gives you images you'd never see on bing not only that but you can zoom in pretty good! See where those chicken huts are...

Just go to google maps. Grab the little dude in the upper left corner and place him on any street that is blue.

Have fun!

But not that Bing sucks. Far from it! It's a great tool, sometimes one map will have cloud cover... Nothing you can do but try a different mapping program I don't think yahoo has it's own mapping ...But use every tool you can at your exposure.

Another tool that's pretty cool is zillow so you can see what all the properties sold for.