Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Meeting On “Dangerous and Vicious Dogs”
Tom...honestly , something is weird about a dog acting like that on your property,,it is scared or remembers something,,,this sounds strange but I would try to make friends,,,slowly...cautiously..baby steps...he may end up being a friend and watch dog for you
My experience is get a baseball bat or golf club and wave it lengthwise in the dog's nose. of course if might have go unthinkable with a really aggressive dog. The more bruce Lee like your reaction time is the more you can play around with and control the dog floating like butterfly. Having taken martial arts helps. Be water my friend but I'm getting more solid as time go by.
Maybe it is just a dog who has been allowed to think that it controls a territory far beyond its own yard. I've lived in neighborhoods with dogs like that, they were aggressive to people in their own yards because the dog thought of those people as the intruders. Unless the owners train their dog where the boundaries are, and to stay in their own yard, it will continue to be aggressive towards what it views as interlopers in the dog's territory.

Dogs should not be allowed to roam freely beyond their own property, dog owners who let their animals do that are very irresponsible and asking for their dog to either be run over, or harmed, by someone who just wants to be able to safely be in their own yard without feeling threatened. The lots in HPP are usually 1 acre, 1/2 acre farther makai, that is plenty of room for a dog to run without terrorizing the whole neighborhood.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
the hare
quote:
Tom...honestly , something is weird about a dog acting like that on your property,,it is scared or remembers something,,,this sounds strange but I would try to make friends,,,slowly...cautiously..baby steps...he may end up being a friend and watch dog for you

I suspect you're right, I could befriend the dog and then it would watch over both our houses. That doesn't solve the problem of the dog attacking kids in the street and would make me complicit in such an attack. I'm not going to go down that route.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/