Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres Land opinion?
PS the lots in HA are shaped mostly like 3 football fields end to end (ie 1.5 X 8.75), not true 'spaghetti lots' like some in Orchidland etc. which have the shape of a ruler at 1 X 12

PS. if you are planing on cutting the driveway and house pad area make sure to put a good wiggle "S" shape on the driveway so people from the road cant see down the driveway too far and know how far back the home is or what value it may contain (quality of structure)...

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
If you are thinking of buying it "sight unseen" then I have a different opinion than most. I bought two properties in the area and one was my own fault for not comprehending where my lot was located (so I bought it accidently sight unseen)- and the second one was a house, that I didnt see the interior until a week and a half after I put in the accepted offer, with earnest money and everything else. The main reason both of these situations occured is because the price was so insanely low, that I was rushing to "lock in the deal". I only had the time to "drive by" and then immediately got a hold of the realtor to put in the offer. I am very happy that I did this both times, so I think if something is cheap enough, it may be worth the risk. But not everyone does stuff like this, and I dont really advise it- I just thought I'd share two instances where it did work out well.
We've purchased 3 properties in Puna. We've spent HUNDREDS of hours researching and looking at properties. If you listen to only one piece of advice: DON'T BUY UNTIL YOU GET YOUR BOOTS ON THE GROUND. We saw some awesome properties "online" but camera angles, old photos, etc can seriously mislead you. Remember what your parents told you. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

We have lived in HA and we looked at dozens of properties there. Night and day are only a few hundred feet apart.