Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna?
I also live in Nanawale and take a big walking stick when I walk (in case of dogs charging me) but I also go to the Lava Tree park which is only 2miles away and walk there. One loop is 0.7 miles , it's quiet, nice tourists taking pictures and no dogs! You can do the loop as many times as you like Smile
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Yes, when I was there I had seen several people walking there dogs...but they were also carrying a big stick...so at least I know what the stick was for[Smile]...As long as it wasn't to ward off 'someone' it's cool. Funny you bring the dog issue up as I had just watched a news clip last night about a family from Pearl City in on the BI househunting in Hawaiian Acres and got their minivan shot up. Suspect says he was shooting at a dog that had been killing his chickens, and the driver said he saw the dog and only heard one shot and when the side glass of his minivan shattered, he said he bugged outa there. He was also asked in an interview if there was more than one bullet hole. He said yes, around eight, but only heard one shot?? Wild west? I did not get that idea driving down the street in Nanwale, as I pass the "slow, children at play" sign. Is this place a safe enough place to bring two young children to raise? I mean I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary except for a couple houses as soon as you turn in there that were questionable. I was also told to get a mailbox in town as the mailboxes at the longhouse have a history of getting broken into. Other than that, I wish I were there right now. I will also be bringing two little jack russels, not your attack dog type
Can you walk a dog on a leash in Lava Trees? If so, I take it there are rarely dogs off leash (which would be nice).