Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here again, This time seriously!
quote:
Originally posted by 1voyager1

It has been an eye opener. Probably the most depressing aspect is the "negative energy" of all the "NO TRESPASSING"; "PRIVATE PROPERTY"; "GO AWAY"; "ALOHA - F$%&-OFF AND DIE" signs all over the place.

I feel ya'! Smile

Even though I fully support the right of the property owners to display signs to keep people away, it still feels crappy to be told - everywhere you go - to stay away. It does feel like a kind of "negative energy" as you said. (Funny, but I don't get the negative vibe from the "KAPU" signs.)

Speaking as an artist/sensitive person, yah, it's the opposite of all the "S" 's that have been added to the mile-marker signs on the Red Rd. The tax guy side of my brain is pissed-off at the tampering with the official signs, but the artist side usually follows the gentle command. And it just feels good.
Trying to dissuade repeat Moochers?
Rule of thumb, if there are a lot of "no trespassing" signs in an area, then the local folks have had problems with strangers thinking their property is a public park. If there is respect for property lines and nobody is ever wandering around uninvited, then there is little reason to post.
Maybe I should point my "no tresspassing" signs up to the sky, in hopes that the helicopters will "respect my property lines"?
AHHH ....
We're about done looking at houses and land. We go back to Ak on Friday.
It has been an eye opening experience. But, I'm glad we have done it rather than waiting until we come back to stay next summer or fall.
We will almost certainly be locating either in HPP or OLE. Leilani Estates and part of the Hawaiian Beaches area are of interest. But, I do not think that the lender's requirements will be to our liking.

Now, as to my original post beginning this thread, I was referring to the upper portion of HPP. The houses are more densely located. As you drive through, almost every home has several of the referred to signs on their fence, gate, tree, doors, building, etc. We had just returned from driving through all of the upper HPP roads and were a bit put off by the very unfriendly [lacking the "spirit of aloha"] ambiance. It had been a long day we had driven FA and HA before doing upper HPP. It was just too much seeing those beautiful lava rock wall fences with large black signs with big red letters stuck up on every corner, every gate post and 2 on every gate. I was reminded of walking by a cat or dog that while eating would growl, snarl and threaten to bit as you neared them.
OK, enough for this one. I do have a few more questions. But, I'll ask them in their own threads.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
@ 1voyager1
I am one of those terrible posted houses in upper HPP.
"IF" you ever grace us with you presence, and after perhaps
you have been broken into and robed, or perhaps worse, let's talk then.

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jlgerk
quote:
Originally posted by jlgerk

@ 1voyager1
I am one of those terrible posted houses in upper HPP.
"IF" you ever grace us with you presence, and after perhaps
you have been broken into and robed, or perhaps worse, let's talk then.

I do not intend to spend a lot of time further on this post. But, I am moved to point out that I have had my home broken into. I Have been held at gunpoint with a small round oily ring on the end of my nose left from the muzzle of a gun being pressed to it. I have never seen anyone bent on doing anything illegal or harmful that would ever be deterred by a sign on the fence. the only people that will heed it are those that respect it.
But, with all that said, It is your fence. You can do what you want with it. It does not violate any CC&Rs that I know of. But, I do not have to like it. That is my right. It is not likely we'll meet because I will not be spending much time in upper HPP. I do not care for the ambiance. You seem to be comfortable and happy with it. I wish you well.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
Kapu signs are a must if you have a real lot ... ie over 1 acre.....and mainly for the "Green Pig Hunters"

they kooks that will purposely wander onto your property to see if they can spot if you are home, valuables too "roach" then/later, but mainly looking for pakalolo plants to roach
if they are confronted they say they are pig hunters asking if you have a pig problem...

these are the fakas you shoot or sick the dogs on....

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha