Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb gets roasted
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

quote:
Originally posted by TomK
So, Christianity is wrong but instead there's a goddess living in the volcano. Anyone here familiar with scientology?

I apologise if I offended anyone here with my remarks, but the illogical premise of there being no Christian god but instead there is a goddess in a volcano bothers me just a little bit.

Not a valid comparison. Scientology is a very new religion, the Hawaiian religion which defines their culture is ancient and the roots go back to Sanskrit and Hinduism. Religion is defined as belief in a superior being. As Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am", which basically defines a human as a being. However, it was this universe that formed this lesser being and that being can choose to recognize a superior being behind existence.

Christianity isn't "wrong". It is just proving to be more a result of a composite god-being derived from many god-beings around at the time. The tale of Mithras has all the elements attributed to Yeshua and precedes the Yeshua tale by many years. With Christianity, there are holy ghosts, demon spirits, angel spirits, and even the lost prodigal son spirit, Lucifer.

The problem is Christianity has been engineered to be a white god for the white people and the rallying point to commit aggression against every other religion and race, which as the chosen ones, is the manifest destiny of the chosen people. That bull gets old after a few hundred years, and only leads to more conflict.

It is just a fact of history that the Hawaiian religion worked for them for a thousand years until they rejected it in favor of Christianity, and that decision is leading to the gradual extinction of the Hawaiian people. Of course, this validates Christianity as the more "correct" religion since it is obviously superior to the savage, heathen Hawaiian religion. Might makes right and more might makes more right. All that is important is who wins. It doesn't matter who loses because they are losers.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"

It is difficult to know where to start with your post as their is so much trash talk involved - well, oh well.

"The problem is Christianity has been engineered to be a white god for the white people and the rallying point to commit aggression against every other religion and race, which as the chosen ones, is the manifest destiny of the chosen people."

U mm You are making an error here as "Christianity" although generated from ancient Hebrew, which also borrowed from ancient antiquity (example would be the star of David), which is on Israel's Flag which is an ancient occult symbol, and one which predates Judaism by thousands of years.
As well "Christianity, which came about after Jesus and with The New Testament" which is a clear repudiation of the ancient Hebrews slavish addiction to the laws written by men), and is used correctly only when referring to the period after the introduction of the New Testament.

Also your comment about Christians claims to being the "chosen ones"
is an outright lie. It is a fact that it is Judaism which makes these claims.
As a result your quote to be more accurate should read,
"The problem is Judaism has been engineered to be a white god for the white people and the rallying point to commit aggression against every other religion and race, which as the chosen ones, is the manifest destiny of the chosen people".

And Rob =- if you allow a lie - you should at least extend to me the courtesy of correcting it, and I would list links to back it up, but I wont, cause I don't want to stray off of the reservation, anymore than this rebuttal already does.

As far as Tiff is concerned , all I can say is I hope she isn't elected

The Puna related part of the Christian mention is the only place it is relevant. Please don't get into a theology debate.

It's pretty simple. oink had made a comment on the Politics forum about Tiffany's belief in Pele. He wondered if Christian Hawaiians would be in support. She mocked his comment and asked the people in the room (not very many) if that was "you guys." The people laughed. I guess she was confident that demographic wasn't in the room?

I think it would be interesting to know if a fair amount of people do believe in both Christianity and Pele worship.

(as far as your questions go, Tom, the mistake agnostics and atheists make is thinking that rational proof or logic is needed for people who believe in Faith. The whole point of Faith is that you believe in what cannot be proven. Spoken as the daughter of an atheist logician by profession father and a solidly Faith-based mother, who has witnessed them go round and round for decades.)
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

... The whole point of Faith is that you believe in what cannot be proven. Spoken as the daughter of an atheist logician by profession father and a solidly Faith-based mother, who has witnessed them go round and round for decades.)

So I guess String Theorists also have Faith! [Big Grin]

My issue with those of Much Faith is when they continue to believe in what can and has been proven to be false. (e.g. a 6,000 year old Earth, etc.)
oh I know, but my point wasn't to defend Faith. I was referring back to Tom's question of how Tiffany can rationalize believing in Pele while denigrating Christians (I am not sure she was denigrating Christians, but he took it that way.)

Just saying that rational justification isn't important when you live by Faith.
Faith has a neat response to whether things have been disproven by science. They were warned from the start that their Faith would be tested. Science is just another test of faith. Disregarding science shows your strength of belief, which is good if you are in the faith camp.

You can't argue with it. [Wink]

And KathyH hijacks another post.

We all get it that you hate Tiffany ! She kicked you off her site because you were going off about conspiracy theories and you started posting here for the first time since you had been outed as a racist.

If Rob doesn't delete my post, I know you are going to post a novel about what a jerk I am.

I will go fire up my desktop with the big screen so I can read it !!72.234.2.19
"So I guess String Theorists also have Faith!"

Hardly. They've got math, which at least is based on logic.
Nothing against you Kathy, but that was hilarious Obie. The round-n-round we go of bickering on this site / island is impressive. I'm glad that it isn't representative of the whole.
Don't politicians express belief in whatever is most likely to get them elected. I mean the goal is to get elected. The politicians true agenda and beliefs are best kept secret always. I think they call it pandering. The only thing they all believe in is self promotion. The better the politician the less it seems like self promotion.
Don't politicians express belief in whatever is most likely to get them elected.

Yes. This crop apparently believes that "residency" can be claimed wherever it's convenient for the issue at-hand.

I love how the matter of Tax Evasion was glossed over so easily. So Anti-business, Anti-development and a Tax evasion...gotta love it.