Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How real is the rascism ?
I agree to a point but keeping all of one's personal thought and feelings concealed accomplishes what? I tend to think we each carry varying degrees of racism and bigotry within us. It is what we do or don't do with it that matters.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Can an act that is not racist be considered racist by the interpreter and if so, does it constitute racist behaviorism within the interpreter?

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
Well i was raised in the belief that if you dont have anything nice too say about somone,dont say anything at all. Its worked for me my entire adult life.
When asked your race on a job application or drivers license questionnaire, is the question racist? Answer - Yes.
When you are called a name that's in reference to your racial skin color, is the act racist? Answer - Yes.
When you begin to break down a society by skin color and other bodily similarities, is that an act of racism? Answer - Yes.
When you cite a wrong doing or a good deed perpetrated against you, is that racist? Answer - No.
If you cite the ethnicity of the individual who perpetrated the act, is that racist? Answer - No.
If you cite the lip shape of the perpetrator, is that racist? Answer - No.
If you cite the color of the perpetrators skin color, is that racist? Answer - No.
If you lump all people with certain lip shapes, eye shape/spacing and skin color into one label, is that racist? Answer - Yes.
Racism can be practiced as a form of bigotry or it can be practiced as a form of essentialism.
Since racism is typically only cited when pointing out a form of bigotry, it's very important to be cautious when accusing an individual of the act. It's equally important to identify the two forms of racism as they are very different and typically produce very different results.
We cannot ignore the wrong doings of any individual regardless of their race. To do so out of fear would be racism incited by the racist bigotry within others. Racism in the form of bigotry is practiced widely by many regardless of skin color/race and is becoming more and more endemic in the mind of the victim who practices bigotry racism unwittingly while citing others as racist.
No particular race of people is more or less racist than another. Pretending so, is an act of racism.
Unfortunately many races have been oppressed by other races throughout the years. It's important that when a race is brought out of oppression to not fall prey of committing the same acts against others. Calling people racists had better be factual or the accuser becomes guilty of his or her own accusation.

The racism card is a double edge sword and one best be damn carful when wielding it.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
My wife and I are older haoles and have never experienced racism here. My smiles and nods are always returned. Have a dear young friend of Hispanic decent came to visit. He said for the first time in his life he didn't feel like a minority in a place where he could speak the language Smile

The noblest art is that of making others happy.
quote:
Originally posted by nativekamaaina

Well i was raised in the belief that if you dont have anything nice too say about somone,dont say anything at all. Its worked for me my entire adult life.

And you were taught well. [Smile]
its really simple - racism is driven by ignorance, where you have one - you will find the other - mark my words