Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk water delivery company recommendations?
there's always the county water taps

Those which have been "remodeled" have some pressure regulation, so there's less flow per-tap as more taps open. The difference is substantial, especially when filling larger containers.
Mark, where did you get your tote? If our catchment should ever run dry I would rather bring home a few hundred gallons on my way home from work a few times per week than schedule and pay for water delivery. If the google is right at calculating weight of water 275 gallons is almost 2,300 pounds. Probably a bit more than my 20 year old pickup should endure but of course I don't have to fill it up all the way.
A friend who worked at HELCO got a couple set aside somehow, one for him and one for me. I fill it up to about the 200 gallon line which weighs about 1,600 pounds. I don't dare go the extra 600 pounds. On the other hand the sloshing of the water is very noticeable as you drive. The whole truck moves.
Just a shout out for JD. Had a date for "afternoon-evening". She said they were busy and worked all night After two days without water, I waited as patiently as I could (I called a couple of times--no answer). At nightfall I gave up and had nightmares of turning on faucets that ran dry. After midnite, a man with a flashlight came up my drive, leading a well lit truck. WATER. They had tried to call but I have no reception.3000 gallons 110. Better than Santa Claus for sure!
Paradise Water just delivered to us today - 4000 gals $130 - came same day. They delivered to 3 of our neighbors lately, too, and in 1 to 2 days. 987-5137 966-6823 Mike