Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon prime Hawaii sweet gravy train ending?
Prime was never a good deal to Hawaii. You didn't get two-day UPS shipping here, it was "standard" shipping. And in my experience, it was usually as fast or sometimes faster having stuff sent by the regular free shipping than by Prime's. They very often predict it would take longer than it actually did. The only difference is if you're ordering less than $35 at a time (which I rarely do).
Here is a funny one -

4:12 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

7:26 am At destination sort facility HONOLULU, HI

1:21 pm At local FedEx facility HILO, HI

1:24 pm On FedEx vehicle for delivery HILO, HI

5:00 pm At local FedEx facility HILO, HI

Package not due for delivery

3:33 pm At local FedEx facility HILO, HI

Sometimes Fedex is too fast for their own good apparently!

Edited for Clarity

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

Prime was never a good deal to Hawaii. You didn't get two-day UPS shipping here, it was "standard" shipping. And in my experience, it was usually as fast or sometimes faster having stuff sent by the regular free shipping than by Prime's. They very often predict it would take longer than it actually did. The only difference is if you're ordering less than $35 at a time (which I rarely do).

I used to think the same thing, but with Prime, nearly everything ships for free. Without Prime... a lot less stuff will ship for "free" to Hawaii regardless of a $35 threshold.
I used to think the same thing, but with Prime, nearly everything ships for free. Without Prime... a lot less stuff will ship for "free" to Hawaii regardless of a $35 threshold.

Like what? AFAICT, everything sold by Amazon, or by a third party as "fulfilled by Amazon", qualifies for both Prime and regular free shipping, while stuff sold by other third parties don't qualify for either.
That's a good question. I formulated that opinion a few years ago and maybe it isn't true anymore. I don't have time to do it now, but maybe in the future I can build some shopping carts logged in (and not logged in) and see if it is still the case.