Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wonderful Adventure
Thank you for all the Congrats. The ATV's were surprisingly easy to handle. We didn't go that fast, because we wanted to relish the ride and experience.
Hey let's turn this into whatever your best adventure is on the big Island. This will be a great reference for a fun time on the Big Island.
Vince

More out of curiosity than anything - I dont see any opposition to ATV's? Helicopters bad, ATV's okay because NIMBY?

ATVs most certainly can be bad. However, the way the adventure was originally described, it sounds like they are being used in a way that is minimally destructive to the environment. If multiple companys were running many tours per day, it would be bad. Just my humble opinion.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Edited by - oink on 12/03/2007 17:30:03
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
This is a place that has very exclusive access. We had to unlock a few gates along the trails, that were only accessable by ATV's and horses. The only other way would be to hike for miles.

Vince, those roads are also used by UHH, and, hard to believe, but there are irrigation ditch maintenance trucks that get up there, too!
Did you get to go up into the "elfen forest" bog areas? The back valley is a magical place, and the first time I was up there we were totally surrounded in clouds. The UH prof was talking of the geology of the valley, and how 'if the clouds would part' we would see the falls beneath us, and as he was talking the clouds parted & the whole valley down to the ocean opened up! Of course we also realized how close to a very steep edge we were standing!
That sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy your 1st year, and many more for you two!