Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano Transfer Station Redesign
not too sure about that. i have heard that if you break out from kulani prison, that the trails take you out to the volcano dump.
"I believe it also blocks off access to the forest reserve behind the transfer station, right?"

Looked accessible to me. Noticed the hunter check-in station visible back there. Thought I noticed gravel road access around to the back as usual, too.

Though I did hear that if you are an ISIS militant trying to get into Hawaii, those trails lead right to Volcano.
That's good. The trail from Kulani ends up at the end of Wright Road, I've gone up to Kulani from there. Now that the prison is restricted to the area around the actual buildings, it's legal to do that hike up to the cone.
"...that hike up to the cone."

I've had my eye on making the trek all the way to the cone hiking from the Wright rd. side. Hike on that trail periodically, just not that far yet. Beautiful ohia hapu'u forest back there.

Yeah, last time I drove past the transfer station I looked over and noticed that, yes, the gate for the transfer station doesn't block access to the trails in back.
sounds like a cool hike, from top of wright road.