Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incident in HPP
There does seem to be some kind of gang war going on with the hispanic locals.

Even if that were the case, Bumatay (the victim) is a Filipino name and Fontes (the accused) is a Portuguese name.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Interesting how a guy is cut up into parts and distributed around a residential area and that is page 4 news. It has been apparent that quite a few people living in Puna want to see depravity as the new normal.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Paradise park does not feel very inviting or much like paradise, when you got a bunch of thugs like these living, dealing, or killing in whateva degree.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...y-gunpoint

Interesting how a guy is cut up into parts and distributed around a residential area and that is page 4 news.
Paradise park does not feel very inviting or much like paradise, when you got a bunch of thugs like these living, dealing, or killing in whateva degree.

Generally, and not just on the Big Island, a case like this which involve suspects who may know one another or are related in some way is not considered a top news story. Their relationship becomes the overriding factor in the case, not the murder, because the offenders probably would not commit this type of act on someone in the general population. They may have had a long term unresolved issue between them or even just an outbreak of anger over a seemingly minor incident, which would not result in murder between strangers. The accomplices who helped dispose of the body, even at gunpoint, probably were not innocent bystanders who walked into the crime scene wondering if Bumatay could tune up their '93 Chevy Lumina.

I'm glad they caught the person who did it. I live in Paradise Park. I'll sleep just fine tonight.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Murders have taken part in Hawaii (and Puna) periodically for all of our modern recollection. It is no difference now in terms of frequency. The main difference now is people's access to information. The social media age.

Gang wars between Hispanic locals? My god. That is a keeper.