Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Pics of Aftermath Iselle wanted

Well where's the fun in that??

On the subject of guerilla activists, I somewhat understand the concern about what happens if the dead tree falls and causes damage, but what's the alternative - that the live tree falls and causes damage? Once the trees are there, you have to do something. Doing nothing means that the trees flower, seed, and populate even more of the island. If the current generation of trees causes some damage here and there as they all die and disintegrate, but that prevents any future generations from sprouting, I'm all for it.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
Rocket man, thank you so much [Smile]
Lokahi
Some of the biggest seed producing albizia in HPP are on HPPOA owned land. The lot across 16th from the Hui has enormous seed producing trees and not a single tree has been dealt with by the HPPOA. So next time we have a "real" hurricane or tropical storm the people in that area will again be without power for days, because the HPPOA does not choose to deal with their trees and set a good example for everyone else.
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13873118_1766837270265521_2993754403605051378_n.jpg?oh=110274b6cffa6b6a37999e334491acfe&oe=581130BF
Pics sent...

Aloha!
Aloha!
Dead and dry albizia drop branches straight down. Live ones fall over. Big difference.
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

Some of the biggest seed producing albizia in HPP are on HPPOA owned land. The lot across 16th from the Hui has enormous seed producing trees and not a single tree has been dealt with by the HPPOA. So next time we have a "real" hurricane or tropical storm the people in that area will again be without power for days, because the HPPOA does not choose to deal with their trees and set a good example for everyone else.

Do you understand that you are a member of HPPOA and if it concerns you so much ,then you should take action.Go to one of the Albizia control clinics that Greggor was active in supporting and learn how to control them !
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

Do you understand that you are a member of HPPOA and if it concerns you so much ,then you should take action.Go to one of the Albizia control clinics that Greggor was active in supporting and learn how to control them !

Already controlled all the albizia on my property in HPP years ago, also all trees of the neighbors who gave permission. The HPPOA refuses to give permission to anyone to control the albizia on HPPOA property, one board member told me she would personally see that I was held liable if I poisoned any trees on HPPOA property. So no, I have not gone onto the HPPOA property and killed those trees. But my tenants in HPP would like to have power after the next tropical storm, and will not when the trees the HPPOA refused to allow me to kill come crashing into the power relay station, or whatever the dang thing is called, on 17th.

FYI, Hawaiian Shores Recreation Estates goes beyond these "trainings" and sells one ounce bottles of milestone to their members at cost, which is far more than HPPOA is willing to do. Milestone is expensive, and only sold in largish sizes, far more than an individual would use, so selling small quantities is a real help. Everyone in Puna should be concerned about albizia, they spread seed far and wide and destroy ecosystems, invade empty lots, damage homes and power lines when they fall, and if HPP is concerned enough to train people in how to kill them they could use their albizia filled lots for the trainings, or allow members to kill them.

Obie, you are so aggressively grumpy, in person as well as online! After meeting you face to face while visiting friends down here right before I moved, I am sorry you are now my neighbor, but I sure am happy to be living in Kapoho instead of HPP! You are the only person I've ever met who was immune to the calming effects of living in Kapoho, it is as if you go out of your way to alienate people and be grumpy.
HPP, organized by Judy Houle with BIISC, is holding Albizia Workshops every month were they go out and kill Albizia. I heard from BIISC that there is always quite a crowd for the lecture, but they all go home when it comes to go out and do it afterwards.
Same in my subdivision, Seaview, without the BIISC crew we wouldn't get much done.
It's flabbergasting how people can be so complacent.
Lokahi
I hope someone has a timeline of the trees on Komohana at the top of Punahawai. Talk about horizon change.