Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It all seems to have been intentional......
glassnumbers - IT IS BECAUSE OF PELE

Is it? https://www.facebook.com/ikaika.marzo/po...1210447740

[:0] the truth comes out

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Strange. It's like those ink blots from my old psychology courses. If I stare at it long enough I see a bare naked lady.
Hilarious terracore [8D]

take some time (next time) and Google Earth elevations.. you will see as I did a week in advance, that Kapoho was a goner if the flow was strong... same w/ green lake.... green lake is 3' above sea level, Kapoho Cone is 80-120' elevation on the outside of the crater, the steepest decent showed early on that it would wrap around top of crater fill in lake, cross 4 corners and down Wainanai to the bay...

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Mauna Ulu became the new Kilauea Iki in 1969... Pu'u O'o became the new Mauna Ulu in 1983, where is the next Pu'u O'o? Leilani? these islands, from Kure to the Big Island are all moving the same speed as your finger nail grows... moving NW over a couple stationary hot spots... the eastern rift zone today, extends 46 miles out into the ocean too... its called the Puna Ridge, it drops to over 3.3 miles deep in the Puna Canyon off Kololi Pt. fyi the mariana trench is only 2X this deep... ps and humans have been here for 1/40,000th the time these islands have been here... a blip

aloha

http://www.punaridge.org/

Seeing as how it has covered almost every house in Vacationland and Kapoho Beach Lots nearly exactly is pretty weird, creepy even. Warm ponds and Pohoiki spared so far adds to the creepy.

Maybe it’s time to sacrifice a few virgins? (I will gladly delete that if anyone is offended.)

Cheers,
Kirt
bananahead - Mauna Ulu became the new Kilauea Iki in 1969... Pu'u O'o became the new Mauna Ulu in 1983, where is the next Pu'u O'o? Leilani?

This has been discussed in several other threads, but to summarize, there is no geological evidence for a long sustained (many years) source like Pu'u 'O'o in the lower east rift zone. The closest contender anyone can find has been Heiheiahulu (~ 2 miles west of 130) in the middle east rift. (did we ever get an approximate time length of activity for Heiheiahulu?)

While this doesn't prevent the possibility (as said repeatedly, we are in uncharted territory) it would be a geologically unique event as far as anyone can tell. More likely something will disrupt the rift, in the next several weeks or months, which will interrupt the supply and the magma will return to filling the summit chambers and/or finding a new outlet farther up rift. IMHO AFAIK YMMV etc etc etc