Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo TV
One just has to wonder if the new TV weather reporting will be any different from the newspaper forecasts Smile

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Mella,
Yes, That's the place. Have you been there?
The Cheeseburgers at Charlie's are pretty good and better when washed down with a pint. They got live bands every Friday night.
Lee

I just got back from using the laundromat in Kea'au, even though it was raining today, the place was full, hard to find a place to park. Charlies was busy as usual but there was such a good feeling just being there. Lots of folks just talking and being friendly. I ran into two people I've already met here. What a wonderful place. It can never replace the ambience of Pahoha but friendly none the less. One woman lost her change purse and two different people put their own quarters in her washing machine. Now that you'll never see in Seattle where I come from.

Oh yea this was supposed to be a thread about the new weather station. I haven't seen it yet but being a big fan of predicting the weather I hope they will do justice to the variable weather here, I just wish they were on satellite.

mella l

USA
243 Posts Posted - 01/16/2006 : 10:31:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glenn P I tried to send you an e-mail at your msn address and it returned by that little rascal dameon! Where are you I have a question and hope all is going well on your relocation. You are probably really busy but would love to hear from you! Aloha Mella L

mella l

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I hadn't seen anything about the new channel in a while, so I contacted the station through its website. For the benefit of anyone else who may be interested, here is the reply I received:

quote:
Dear Howard and Alice:

Thank you for your note!

Yes, we are on the air! We are on the broadcast channel 5 (not cable).

We’re currently featuring family oriented music videos, short films, classic tv, and of course, localized weather.

Currently, we are not on cable or satellite, but that may change in the near future.

Thank you for your interest in Hilo 5 TV!

Warmest regards,

Deb Culbertson

Howard