Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mortgage loans available - lava zone 1
Amerisave (amerisave.com) does Lava Zone 1 mortgages for purchases, refi and including cash out options.
I recently completed a refi with them after first confirming that they would allow Lava Zone 1 mortgages. Almost all of the application process and documentation requirements are done online. I suggest using a PC and having access to a scanner to be able to upload documents easier.
The loan officer I used is Pheim Guti. (pronounced as fame). He is licensed in Hawaii/based out of Phoenix area. I had some complexities with my refi that confounded a couple of their underwriters and Pheim was excellent at keeping track of the issues and helping to get them resolved. He articulates the questions and answers to issues, extremely well.

Here is his contact info:

Pheim Guti
Loan Originator NMLS ID #2126772
AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation NMLS ID #1168
8701 E Hartford Dr, Ste 210
Scottsdale AZ 85255

470-900-3189 Desk
678-268-6103 Fax
pguti@amerisave.com
Visit my personalized webpage: https://www.amerisave.com/lo/pguti
I suppose they still force you to get insurance?

With how expensive the state plan is for me now, if I can't find another private insurer next year I would gladly run naked if my mortgage company would let me.
Of course you have to get insurance! How else would they cover the loss if the house burned or got taken by lava?
We used Central Pacific Bank in Hilo to finance and re-finance our Leilani Estates house (Lava Zone 1). Current rate for 30-year mortgage is 2.875% https://www.cpb.bank/personal-banking/mo...s-schedule
It's not like I'm off the hook for the loan.
(12-08-2021, 07:54 PM)malahini Wrote: It's not like I'm off the hook for the loan.

And neither is the banker.
Keep it local  Heart
(12-08-2021, 06:08 PM)malahini Wrote: I suppose they still force you to get insurance?

With how expensive the state plan is for me now, if I can't find another private insurer next year I would gladly run naked if my mortgage company would let me.

You know about the Golden Rule? 

The lender has the gold, so they make the rules.
Don’t like the rules, bring your own gold.  Wink
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!