Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird sales price for real estate Q
When we bought our property it was noted as being bought for $10 to the public record. I was told by the escrow company that this was to protect our private financial information and thought it sounded like a good idea. Perhaps that is where they're getting their info?

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

John, I always would advise working with a good agent.

However, there are times that people are watching the market but not actively pursuing a purchase or a sale, and if there are agents who enjoy making constant market reports to "clients" who are not actively clients, I haven't met one yet!

For those watching but not engaging times, it's nice to have resources.

Melissa Fletcher
Kathy,there is nothing weird about the top line properties not much being affected by the general tendency.
It's rather common,not only real estate thing.As far as selling history-can be found on the property tax website.
Hi StillHope,

it's still unusual for anyone to offer MORE than asking price when a property has been on the market that long.

I know you can get sales history from the public site, if you know what property you're looking for. I meant data on recent sales in the area, comps, which Zillow tries to do, but doesn't do all that well.

Only someone who subscribes to the MLS for agents can see the history of a listing, when price reductions were made, whether it is back on market after being in escrow, stuff like that which can be quite interesting and helpful.
"if there are agents who enjoy making constant market reports to "clients" who are not actively clients, I haven't met one yet!"

Not sure if he enjoys it but you can get daily e-mail updates on the RE market from Harry Pritikin: trustharry@aloha.net
quote:
Originally posted by Yurtgirl
When we bought our property it was noted as being bought for $10 to the public record. I was told by the escrow company that this was to protect our private financial information and thought it sounded like a good idea. Perhaps that is where they're getting their info?

That sounds like it could possibly be a case of criminal tax evasion. But what would I know!

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy H
Here's something weird I saw today, a home had been for sale for 874 days, 2 1/2 years. It was listed at $1,250,000.00, and it sold for 25,000 over asking.

The only way I can see that happening is if they did a price reduction and then had multiple offers.

There are other possible explanations. The most innocent of which I can think of off hand would be raising the price if the seller is holding the note for the buyer. I would think some of the other explanations would be less likely in todays mortgage market.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.