Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving from o'ahu to puna
thank you. crates have been suggested as the only way to ship the table top. we will find out more today, hopefully! good news, though, escrow has received funds from the lender. we're on schedule! woohoo!

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Electric rates on ka Moku Nui are even higher than Oahu, if you can sell the washer/dryer there it might be a good thing. Washers also usually have water still in them so if you tip it on it's side it might get lighter. We packed drill presses, motorcycles, huge boxes of tools, welders, etc. into the container by pushing them up a wooden ramp we'd made. Then stuffed the ramp inside to use it for unloading.

There is a place in Hilo just across the street from the yellow fabric place which sells used washers and dryers at reasonable rates. Otherwise, there is Craig's List and yard sales for "new" appliances. We just recently got a new washer for $50 at a yard sale to replace the seven year old $50 from a different yard sale. Picked up an almost new freezer for $40 earlier this year, too. Folks are dumping everything and heading off to the mainland.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
thank you. the washer and dryer are staying here on o'ahu for our new tenants. there's another set that they could have used in the common area. will check into the place you mentioned.

"chaos reigns within.
order shall return."

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Smiths trading is the appliance restoration place...
also ear & Home Depot sometimes have scratch & dent sales

big mahalo for the info carey and hotzcatz.

just found out that there are three interested parties that may want to rent this house. they might come and do a look/see on wednesday. all military. our property manager has a lot of luck advertising on their site and used craigslist, too. guess they want to live off base.

"chaos reigns within.
order shall return."

w. james

aloha kani,

don't know if you've figured out the glass shipping, but i've shipped artwork around the country and have found a great product to use. home depot carries a 4' x 8' sheet of foam insulation that is kinda like compressed packing peanuts. you can get it over an inch thick and it cuts with a utility knife. you could probably just sandwich the glass between two sheets of this stuff, use a little tape to hold it in place, then cut some smaller pieces for the sides. i usually use it in combination with a crate, but depending on how big the glass is, that might not be economical for you.

but, if you want a quick how-to on building the crate, i can send you the instructions and a sketch. it usually takes me about an 1 to make a 24" x 36" wooden crate with foam padding inside, and all you need are a few common tools. let me know if you need help. it's pretty straight-forward and i haven't lost a painting yet!

aloha and good luck!

brad

holahan@holahangallery.com