Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my heart is still in Hawaii
Many mahalo for all the comments, and best wishes in our journey. Sounds like a scary time to think about moving there with the job situation. I need a job, I have a family to support, but who doesn't. Smile If I had money to support us for at least a year, it might be a good time actually, but since I don't I guess I just have to sit tight til things start to pick up again. I know that things will pick up again, and I know that things will just start to seem to fall into place. (at least I hope they do!) Big Grin Unless I happen to get employment set up before I actually move. You never know!

So they don't do much hiring from their website (county and state?) that is too bad! They always seemed to have my wifes field available.

Right now my wife works in a sort of a group home/emergency shelter for youths. She loves it. From the sounds of it, there could be opportunities for her there, not just in state or county agencies.

Anyone know, anyone doing hiring for IT? I can also do computer tech support, some network stuff, right now I am working in Health IT. But my the door is wide open, I am willing to entertain most any position.

To all those that are reading this and still left their heart in Hawaii. I know we will all get there again.... I hope to meet you one day. Wink
A few years back a poster did get a job at Hilo Airport as a TSA. Perhaps it would be worth a look! It was interesting because she was hired while living off island which is a rarity.

Good luck on fulfilling your dreams cruz. You didn't say the ages of your children and if they would need schooling or not. The college here offers a wonderful array of disciplines and it is almost like getting a private education!

When I land in Hilo I want to kiss the ground I love it so much, the air, the smell, the rain or the shine, all say home to my heart.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Never heard of "Harlem of Kansas" and I've lived in Kansas City for 40 years [Big Grin] Where is this town?

I can't imagine leaving Kansas for Hawaii [B)][Wink]
Puna: Our roosters crow first
My boys are ages 7 and 2.

LOL. I live in Junction City, KS. It's right next to Fort Riley. Smile Used to be a rough place so they say, but it's not what it used to be. In fact there was a movie about it, called Ninth Street. It was low budget but I actually showed the "old days" in JC. Here is a synopsis of the movie

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/ninth...CID=iSEMPI
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

quote:
Originally posted by Chuysmom

... What you see online is the ENTIRE classifieds. It's no bigger in the paper...

The worst part... many of those ads have been in the paper for MONTHS! A few our scams...

And the COUNTY/STATE JOBS listed on their sites very rarely rotate. While they are always taking applications and often doing testing... there is very little actual hiring going on.

Damon Tucker's Weblog

Well it sounds like there could be some jobs providing applications, interviewing and testing for county,state and federal jobs that may never involve much actual hiring. Just wasting our tax dollars again and wasting jobseekers time with a "make work" series of endless applications and interviews. At least someone is working alot, the interviewer,test providers,application distributors!
Junction City, Kansas was also a key location in the movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch." This movie is about Hedwig, an East Berlin refugee transexual whose surgery was botched. It has a really good original rock and roll sound track that Bear and I listen to all the time. Check it out sometime.

Cheers,
Jerry