Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home defense
It may be that the intruder was just looking for material possessions. If he was stealing from a field or outbuilding that was clearly away from the house I might allow him more leeway. I would not support using deadly force merely in defense of property. It is not stated how close the greenhouse is to the residence. However, there is this essential fact. If you invade someone's residence where you might reasonably interact with them in some way, then you have crossed the same invisible line that murderous psychopaths, rapists, and violent assailants have. That changes everything. Those people whose space has been invaded must make some critical decisions about an intruder whose actions are largely indistinguishable from those of the above mentioned criminals.
Maybe Metcalf has cancer and is in desperate need of his meds. This will come out in the trial. The odds are he doesn't.

I know several people that have marijuana certificates though, and none of them have cancer or any other terminal illness. They just want to smoke pot without the hassle or expense. The Doctor in Hawi is sympathetic to the issue and will tell you right up front what he wants to hear from you to issue a certificate; "The key words here are pain; That will be $200 bucks please".

Pot is addictive to many people, but is one of the least harmful substances to be addicted to. I guarentee you that if tobacco or caffeine were illegal, there would be a black market and violence associated with those drugs. The answer is to legalize.

punatoons
Oh, cool, this is about to turn into yet another pro/con pot thread.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

quote:
Originally posted by centipede

2. If weed was legal, THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED.

I think this has to be one of the truest statements said on this entire thread.

---------
Damon Tucker's Blog
FBI Blogs

I don't think thats true at all. If weed was legal, it would still be a possesion with value and would still be a target of theft.

Using that kind of logic, one could say tvs are never stolen because they're legal.

As far as this incident goes, I feel no remorse for the thief or his family. The guy apparently was a career criminal, and the family is a group of assholes for living with him and enabling that. However, I'm not sure that I agree with running out and shooting someone whose just outside rummaging around. I'm a strong beleiver in lethal force to defend your home, but something about shooting someone rummaging in a greenhouse or shed outside your home just seems wrong to me.

Matt

Matt
quote:
Originally posted by oink

Oh, cool, this is about to turn into yet another pro/con pot thread.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander Wannabe.

sorry dude, but cannabis is at the core of this issue! So things are more than likely to turn that way!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

Pot is addictive to many people, but is one of the least harmful substances to be addicted to. I guarentee you that if tobacco or caffeine were illegal, there would be a black market and violence associated with those drugs. The answer is to legalize.

punatoons

Greg, please! I#699;ve been waiting a lifetime to see someone addicted to cannabis, and you know of several people addicted to it?[Smile]

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!