Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumped cat - very uncertain future
4. Because the Hawaiian culture is among the world's most welcoming and peaceful (aloha).
5. Because it is as far from New York City as you can get and still be in the U.S.
6. Because parts of it at least have not been completely paved over and filled with strip malls.
7. If you like the ocean and playing in it the water is warm, clear and nourishing.
8. Because it is as close to living in another country as you can get and still be living in the U.S.
9. Because the witness protection service sent me here.
10. Because it is generally thirty years behind the mainland and that has benefits.
11. Because you can build a complete home here for what plans and permit alone would cost on the California coast.
12. Because of the rich ethnic diversity.
13. Because being placed in the middle of the Pacific it is a unique blend of east meets west.
14. Because no one has yet noticed any sign of the Crips and Bloods here.
15. Because I did not like where I was and wanted to see if I would like it here.
16. Because not matter what our problems are here most of the rest of the world is jealous that I am here and they are not.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob,
One of my New Years Resolutions is to proactively regognize and appreciate the good things in my life. This thread seems to have taken a sharp curve away from the poor kitty and towards "this is why I do or do not want to live here" (my apologies for being one of the inadvertant instigators of this coup...). It might make sense (and be an interesting thread) to break off this train of thought and make it its own discussion, which would help us all see and appreciate our blessings (or, conversely, help us identify what we're looking for in our next place of residence).
Well it probably should be it's own topic. I am not going to insist that the poor kitten, which I doubt survived, be memorialized completely in it's own thread. I admit I got caught up in the why people might live here concept. Ultimately there can be as many reasons as there are people.

Sad as the situation was for the kitten it is something that repeats itself across the country and it seems worthy of zero consideration in many countries I've visited. Perhaps it is enough that we have enough of a segment of our population that does care. Not possible to get 100%. Being thirty years behind the times has it's positive and negative aspects for sure. I do wish I knew what ultimately happened to the cat. I will have to assume the best and ask R.J. Hampton when I get the chance.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Are you saying that people don't dump animals, dump trash, use drugs and call people names on the mainland???? I hate to say it, but they do those things there too!
Rob's #4 is interesting and generally true. I have experienced some amazing aloha spirit from locals and transplants and really enjoy giving it back to others that are here as well.
4. Because the Hawaiian culture is among the world's most welcoming and peaceful (aloha)

Unfortunately, I guess that it doesn't include the non-resident wannabees that continually make personal attacks upon others on this forum if they disagree with other peoples views and opinions.
There go I by the grace of God.

Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"