Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun.
maccu222 and Iju,
Thank you for the links.
I like the easy on on konaweb that maccu222 linked to. Nice to see what is coming up right away.
Appreciate it.

AND THE GOOD NEWS:
sunny and no rain here in lower HPP yesterday and so far today.
Great Christmas present for us.
HAPPY now.
never been so excited to mow the lawn in my life.[Big Grin]
hawaiideborah
I think you made it happen, hawaiideborah, through enlightened self-actualization! You insisted there be sun, and there has been, starting with Christmas Day! Whoo-hoo. What a gorgeous day it was. My first Christmas in Puna.

Is Mindy here? How is she doing?
hawaiideborah
Yes, Mindy is here! And what a difference she has made! She gets me up and out in the morning. I was so glad that the first night in her new home was dry weather-wise so that she could pee in her little yard without getting pelted with rain. She loves all the new smells, which makes the walks slow-going. Invite yourselves down sometime.
Just bringing this forward, as there was a lot of question on how the 2011 year would end... & as was noted, 2011 had been a very dry year prior to the rains.

Even with the late season rains, almost all locations ended up well below the average rainfall (One west side rain gauge at Ahumoa had 141% of ave rainfall, but that was only 29.99 in for 2011....& Kawainaui Stream gauge was at 109%, at 147.15in.... all other gauges were below average, Pahoa was at 75% of ave, Glenwood at 64%.....)

Trib Herald article:
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/sect...-2011.html

ETA: RATS - after looking at the web article, they do not include the Rainfall Chart!!!
anyhoo, it is in todays paper....
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

ETA: RATS - after looking at the web article, they do not include the Rainfall Chart!!!
It's online here, scroll down to Hawaii Island and it has links to both the monthly and year-to-date summaries: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/hydro/pages/dec11sum.php
75% only? It seemed like it would be so much higher! I guess this is what low rainfall years do - make us forget what 100% is like! Smile